Chapter Sixteen

Ariana's POV

          I don’t know how long I slept for but I felt much better when I woke up; my body seemed to be extremely warm and I felt safe and secure in my bed. I hugged my pillow closer to my body and sighed in content before opening my eyes. I was met by a huge smile as Gabriel pushed some of my hair out of my face. It took me a few moments before I realized why I felt so warm, safe and secure; I quickly pushed away from what I thought was my pillow, it turned out to be Gabriel’s body and rolled onto my other side. That only lasted a second before pain shot through my shoulder from the movement and I ended up rolling to my back; I looked over to see Gabriel still had that stupid smile plastered to his face and it took everything I had not to smack it off.

“Morning beautiful, did you have a good sleep?” He asked clearly amused at my reaction when I realized I was cuddling with him.

“Yeah I did, that is until I woke up to my worst nightmare.” I replied causing his smile to fall into a frown.

‘Ariana one, Gabriel zero!’

“That wasn’t very nice, besides it seemed to me like you were really enjoying my company.” He replied as the smile worked it’s was back onto his lips.

“Maybe I was dreaming about how great my life will be once you’re no longer part of it.” I spat back causing him to growl; ok so maybe that was a low blow but if he wants to play games were going to play hard ball.

“I intend to change your mind about that, I won’t give up easily.” He replied causing me to roll my eyes.

“What time is it?” I asked seeing that it was still dark out and the only light in the room came from the moon outside the window.

“Just past midnight.” He replied. It was silent in the room for a few minutes before there was a light knock at the door.

“Gabe? Baby why is your door locked?” A female voice asked quietly from the other side.

“Crap.” Gabriel said; I’m sure I wasn’t meant to hear it but he was sitting right next to me. “I’ll umm… I’ll be right back.” He said before getting out of bed and quickly exiting the room; I listened closely to try to hear the conversation going on outside the door.

“Candy I told you its over.”

“Gabe, I love you, you love me.”

“No candy I don’t, never have and never will.”

“Is this about her, that girl that was hurt? Why does she mean so much to you? She’s a junkie Gabe, why would you even care about her?” The girl who I assume is named Candy’s voice got louder with each word.

“You need to leave.”

“No Gabe please, I love you, please Gabe.”

“Go now, I told you were finished.” Gabriel growled back at her.