2 - New Looks

It has been two weeks around since you've been pestering Levi, he helped you find an easier route so it only took about an hour to get to his place from where you'd been staying at the inn.

Today was normal, you'd come by to visit, he'd call you woman or brat, and then you two would converse. If it was a good day you could sit around a fire and pet his muzzle while telling him a story. Maybe sing him to sleep.

He was a King, a cold beast...at least that's what you'd always been told. This shadow dragon had a sharp tongue yes, yet he wasn't heartless. You hoped that he would at least let you in enough to be a friend.

At the end of the day when you were feeling sleepy he asked you a strange question. "Human, why did you travel all this way to find me? Were you hoping to hunt me?"

You yawn lightly and shake your head no while placing both hands on his cold scales and looked the large dragon in the eyes. "I'd always heard stories about you. They were scary, but my mind always wondered if you were just lonely up here all by yourself. 'Does he know that people are hurting his kind?' and things like 'I wonder what he's like?' sort of came to mind."

Levi stared into your (E/C) eyes knowing that if you'd lied he'd be able to tell immediately, but to his surprise you were telling the truth. "You're a foolish human."

A smile tugs at your lips. "Perhaps so, but I found you! And surprise you didn't eat me!"

He scoffs. "I only eat the ones that annoy me."

"So I don't annoy you? Does that mean we're friends?" You wonder aloud.

"Don't get ahead of yourself you woth--" his voice gets caught when seeing you'd fallen asleep against him. Again.

As much as he hated to admit it the visits from you were easing the void of silence in this place. Levi strikes the flame of the fire up with his own mixed in as he curls up around you slightly to keep you warm. "Foolish woman."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Awaking to the sound of growling you sit up rubbing your eyes. "Levi? What's wrong?"

His tail shifts around you to hopefully keep you out of sight of the two men at the front of the cave. It was some henchmen of the King sent to do away with him again.

"Have you gone and found yourself a rider? Tsk Tsk that's against the law missy. I'm afraid we'll have to take you in." The first hooded figure spoke gripping at his gun aiming it twords the dragons heart.

"Don't bother talking to it, let's just hurry before Nile finds out." The second male in a green hoodie growls. He to had a weapon aimed at Levi's face.

Sparks of fire leak from Levi's mouth as he cautiously glares at both smelling the lace poison in those weapons. It reeked. If it touched him it'll do some damage.

You being the idiot you are come up with a quick action plan without involving you dragon friend here. You sang.

Who'll be my Montague now,
To this broken Capulet
How, how, how if not for you
And you'll be my local hero
Be my role model
And don't, don't, don't fail me now

(My love)

A distraction it was, but what burst from beneath the men were rose vines quickly wrapping themselves around their arms. One managed to pull the trigger much to your horror as you try to move around Levi to properly see. "Levi!"

His tail holds you back in hiding while a loud roar erupts from him as his flames spread blocking the men out. Quick in acting himself the dragon sets you along his back making a break for the only opening left.