Chapter 1

I would like to give a shoutout to yuunoaforlife13 for giving me the courage to write a Yuunoa fan fiction. If I get something wrong please let me know in the comments.

Yuu had been in Shinoa's squad for quite some time now it has been 6 months since they had met. They have already been through so much together as a squad, their teamwork was actually something worth complimenting. They had become a family together, they were close and they understood each other.
Shinoa was suddenly called down to Guren's office, little did she know he was about to send her and her squad out on a dangerous mission. He had began to trust them as one of his best squads. He was impatiently tapping his foot up on the desk when there was a knock on his door. "Come in" he said in his cold tone, Shinoa took her place in front of his desk and she asks,"You called Guren?" He looks into her eyes and replies,"Yes I have a mission for the 5 of you. I have gotten intel that The Crowley estate has captured some of troops and I would like you and your squad to sneak in and release the prisoners." Shinoa's face darkened that was the last person she had wanted to see, "Don't you think we need more than 5 people to do that Guren." She rebels slamming her fists onto the table, "Its a suicide mission." He chuckles, "Thats if you get caught." He leans back in his chair. Shinoa counter attacks him by saying, "What if Mika is there who knows what Yuu might end up doing he could get himself killed." Guren raises a eyebrow and replies, "Since when have you cared so much about Yuu. Could it be you have fallen for him?" He grins as he closes his eyes. "Make sure you and your squad are ready by dusk. Shinoa rushed her way out of the office with a bright blush on her face when she bumps into someone. She mumbles "Sorry..." but to her suprise she was face to face with Yuu. "Whats up? Your face is a little flushed what happened?" He questions her. She ignores his questions and tells him, "Gather up everyone we have a mission to prepare for." She takes off away from him, leaving him at a loss for words because she didn't answer his questions. He shrugs his shoulders as he heads for the dorms to get all the other squad members. After a half an hour of explaining the mission they had 20 minutes until departure. 20 minutes of safetly was all they had left until they have to go out into the open. Since Shinoa was the squad leader she had to make sure ever everyone was ready for the dangerous mission. After 10 minutes of pep talk they were ready to go, Guren stood on a platform seeing them off on their mission. Yuu mumbles to himself, "I know we are all skilled but this is practically suicide sending us out here. Shinoa over hears him, "Its a mission that Guren gave us so we can't ignore it. A few hours of walking they reach the outskirts of the Crowley Estate. They snuck themselves around the perimeter watching to see if there were any guards or night watchers. Seeing a maximum of 5 vampires around his perimeter, it was kind of a light security considering who he was. Shinoa motioned Yoichi to take out two guards the were facing the opposite direction. He had did what he was told and whispered, "Done." Shinoa nods and motions for them to move up. They were slowly moving as a group and if even one person messes up they are all screwed. After about 2 minutes of sneaking around killing the guards one by one they had finally reached the backyard where the prisoners were being held. As the squad went to untie them, sound of boots on a hardwood floor rung out. "Ahh looks like I have found a group of trespassers." He teleports behind Yuu slamming his foot into his back causing him to be launched across the yard where he hits a tree. A sickening thud rang out as his limp body fell to the ground, Shinoa shrieks, "Yuu-san!!!" She takes off towards him,"Looks like someone got attached to a comrade." He cuts her off picking her up by the throat. She manages to squeeze out, "Everyone retreat, I'm a goner save yourselves." Yuu slowly rises from the ground with tears in his eyes, "I'm not leaving you behind Shinoa, we are family now and family sticks together. Mitsuba and the others rush to his aid but Yuu shakes his head at them, "You go report to Guren." He unsheathes his sword and takes a step towards Crowley, "What are you doing Yuu get out of here while you have the chance." Yuu slowly shakes his head, "No..no I can't do that I'm sorry" Yuu pulls out the pills from his pocket and takes two. "Put her down." Crowley chuckles as he tightens his grip. Shinoa gasping for breath, "Why are you still here?" Yuu wipes the tears out of his eyes as he replies to her,"Its because I want to have a future together with you. I want us to have a family together..."

Cliffhanger for the win. I hope you enjoyed my first Yuunoa fan fiction. Thank you for reading.