How Could She?

England's POV

I clicked the lock behind Mari and crumpled to the floor. I lay against the door frame put my face in my hands.

How could she...?

How could she...?

I made some tea and got out a bag of crisps (chips to you Americans) and started watching reruns of Doctor Who, a British sci-fi show that I was obsessed with.

"Rose Tyler, I love-", the TV said. The Doctor faded away before he finished his sentence.

I sank to floor and spilled my tea.

"H-he n-never got say he loved herrrrrr", I cried. I heard a door creak open. "Angleterre?", France called to me.

"What the hell do you want, bloody git?", I sniffed in a failed attempt to compose myself. France just gave me a pained smile and started cleaning up the tea. While he did that, I curled into a fatal position on the couch.

"Now, tell me what happened.", France said as he mopped up the remainder of the tea. I told him and he winced throughout my retelling.

"The best thing you could do now is apologize.", France said.

I wanted to argue, but I knew he was right.

I walked down the block, holding an umbrella above my head. I stopped at America's house. Before answering the door, I peaked in the window. Mari sat on Alfred's lap with a tub of ice cream. She was asleep. Her head rested on his shoulder. Mari's face was peaceful other than her tear stained cheeks.

How could she...?

How could she...?

Be with him?!

I knocked softly on the door and America answered.

"How dare you touch my girlfriend!", I stuttered in an attempt to make my voice sound forceful.

"New flash, dude. She's not your girlfriend anymore.", Alfred said. His words hit me as painfully as a bullet. I knew he was saying other things but all I heard was:

She's

Not

Your

Girlfriend

Anymore.

Which meant to me:

She

Doesn't

Love

You.

It hurt. It hurt so much. I left and returned home. France could tell from my face that it was best not to ask anything. After a while he left leaving me to have a sleepless night alone.

Short chapter, I know. But I felt it was necessary. Loves to those who comment and vote!