Chapter15: Hope For The Future

ChapterFifteen-Hope For The Future 

May 13th, 2005

  It's now 10pm. UTurn are at an after-party with the judges, former contestants of NETS, and all their friends and families. They were all celebrating UTurn's big win. 

  After receiving praise from the judges, the members' families met up with them. Alyson's parents and sister approached her.

  Alyson beamed as she asked, "So mom, dad, are you proud of me? Are you okay with my band winning this competition?"

  Mrs. Bauer smiled, "Yes Alyson, we are proud of you. We don't approve of you doing secular music and dressing provocatively, but you're very talented."

  "Mom! I'm wearing clothes! But I'm glad you and dad support me anyways."

 At the same time, Andrew's family came up to him. His father smiled, "Andrew, we're proud of you."

 Andrew said, "Dad, I'm not interested in sports anymore. I really like the idea of becoming a popstar. Maybe I'll do Broadway in the future, but for now this is what I want."

 "It's okay, Andrew. Your mother and I did put you in the performing arts classes. And we support you fully."

 At the same time, Justin was talking with his family.

 Justin said, "Mum, dad, even though I'm in UTurn and I'm a pop singer, I'm still into sports. I especially like American football."

 Mrs. Harrison said, "Justin, all it matters you do well in school and be happy in whatever career you choose."

 An hour later, Alyson went to the balcony of the hotel where the NETS after-party was being held. Andrew saw Alyson there, so he came outside, and put his hands around her waist.

 Andrew seductively said to her, "I was wondering where you were."

 Alyson gave Andrew a long kiss on the lips. Then she smiled, "Andrew, I'm proud of you. I really am. But I gotta know, have you figured who you are yet?"

 Andrew smiled, "Thanks. Slowly I'm figuring myself out, but I'm almost 16. I got my whole life to figure that out. Besides, you believed in me, and I'll never stop thanking you for that. I love you very much, so I got you this."

 Andrew got down on one knee, and presented a small box. He opened it, and it was a ring.

 Alyson was shocked as she said, "Andrew! We're not even 16 yet, and you're proposing to me?"

 "It's a promise ring. I don't ever wanna lose you. I know we're much too young to get married, but when we're older and ready, I want to know you'll be there for me."

 Alyson cried a bit, and accepted the ring. She said to him, "I love you, Andrew."

 Just then, Bailey and Justin came to the balcony.

 Bailey asked, "OMG, what did I miss?"

 Alyson beamed, "Andrew gave me a promise ring!"

 Bailey squealed while Justin gave Andrew a high-five.

 Bailey continued, "I'm excited for us UTurn. I think we'll do well."

 Justin said, "It's a risk to pull off an S Club 8-like group, but with the right people, we could go far."

 Andrew said, "I like the idea of being popstar. Just think: Tours, best-selling CDs, maybe a TV series?"

 Alyson said, "At this point, anything's possible."

 The UTurn members raised their cups of water as she said, "To the future, cuz the future is ours to take."

 Things look hopeful for this new pop band...or are they?

 A few hours earlier, Amanda and Ethan crashed the NETS after-party, with the help of Libby. Libby and her friends (Stacie, Melissa, and Kat) were invited to party since they were a group contestant on NETS.

 Amanda and Ethan were able to get through the crowd to meet up with UTurn. The members saw them walking up to them.

 Alyson asked coldly, "What do you two want?"

 Amanda replied coldly, "Libby invited us, so we're just here to ask you this: How did you all know about the hacking attempt to make you lose?"

 Alyson taunted, "I'm not gonna say who told us, but there was heavy security on the computers to prevent outside and inside hacking. They even stopped the hacking once it started."

 With that, Ethan and Amanda walked away. Once they were far away from UTurn, they spoke to each other.

 Ethan whispered, "We need to join UTurn."

 Amanda whispered back, "They'll never let us join. Beside, they can't add any new members."

 Ethan said smugly, "I'm not so sure about that."

 "And how can you be so sure of that?"

 "I know Bailey and Justin. Bailey's best friends with Alyson. Justin used to be Alyson's boyfriend. Alyson is crazy for England and that British band S Club 8. She made S Club 8 a trend in the school for a year."

 "Ugh, how can I forget that?"

 "I know. Anyway, knowing her, she probably convinced Andrew, Justin, and Bailey to add 4 more people to their band to become some American version of S Club 8. Look at their recent performances on that show! They dressed, sang, and danced like S Club 8. They even did dance music. I'm serious, they're gonna try to become S Club 8 by adding more people. We need to take advantage of this. If we join, we can destroy them from within. Especially that f*cking Andrew Hawthorne."

 "So do we come up to them to join or what?"

 "No, let them come to us. Once we join, we start plotting UTurn's destruction."

 Amanda evilly grinned. Could this be start of UTurn's end? Or will they weather this and become America's biggest pop band since NSYNC? We'll see...

______________________________________________________________________________

COMING UP NEXT: BOOK2:The One Who's Wanted