Chp.8 bad mEmories

I'm just gonna put sounds just for the beginning in the media box lol ~R
#dolantwins
~~~~~~~

' I'm coming, Nicole. Just you wait. '

Nicole's P.O.V

I toss and turn in my bed, not being able to sleep that night. The slightest sound of the thunder outside would cause me to wake back up. Not to mention the lightning flash I'm able to see even with my eyes shut. I couldn't stop thinking about how my mom said that. "Ethan can finish what he started now." What does that even mean?

I look around my room and how eerie it looks in the dark. My curtain blinds are only half way  shut causing horizontal stripe shadows on my wall. Thunder continues to boom.

I roll over and reach for my phone on my nightstand. I turn my lamp on and check the time. 11:43. Ugh.
As I'm about to go back to sleep. I hear my phone vibrate. It's Julie texting me.

Julie: Hey tomorrow's Thursday. Alison texted
me saying she's thinking about going to the party so we're going shopping tomorrow for outfits. Are you in or are you not going to the party?

I roll my eyes. The thing is, Ethan is now free and I don't want to risk him finding me. Luckily, he lives in another town but it's not far from here.

When I say he's dangerous, I mean he is.
Back in tenth grade, my best guy friend, Lucas, was walking home from school. He had stayed after since he plays lacrosse. He was walking on the side walk when he came across a dollar laid flat on the ground. Lucas bent down to pick it up and there was a note on it:

Back away from Nicole, she's MINE!
~E

Then, it happened. Ethan ran up from behind him and attacked him. Ethan put him in a chokehold and kneed him to the ground. Throwing fists at his face, Ethan punched him left and right. Lucas attempted to get Ethan off him but Ethan kicked his arm back down and stepped on his hand, crushing it.

Ethan left Lucas on the ground with cuts, bruises and coughing up blood. Lucas had to be hospitalized. He had a broken nose, a fractured rib, a broken arm and bruises along with dried blood all over his face.

Although I should've been comforting Lucas, I couldn't help but cry. "Lucas, I'm scared. What if Ethan goes after me next?" I cry.

"That's not gonna happen as long as I'm here," he smiles, whimpering as he does. He has cuts, bruises and a broken nose. Of course it would hurt to smile.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok. I'm ok, you're ok," he says after he sees how worried I look when I glanced at his face. He leans in and plants a kiss on my small forehead aching with pain.

Ethan was never charged with anything. Lucas thought it'd be best not to, just for my sake. I begged him to atleast think about sueing his parents but he said no good would come out of that either way, he's just gonna come back.

Ethan left me a note on my locker that day:

You deserve a man better at fighting for his girl than Lucas. I don't know if he's your boyfriend or your lover or just your friend, whatever. Love me instead, I'll show you how I WILL make you feel loved. ~E

I had to let Lucas go for his sake. It pained me to do so, he was one of my best friends. We stopped being friends but he understood.

I also can't ever forget the time I finally had Ethan arrested. He trespassed my yard and snuck into my bedroom window in the middle of the night. I shrieked when I saw him trying to enter my room.

He started shushing me to be quiet but I screeched even louder for my parents. My parents were terrified when they ran into my room and saw him. My dad immediately grabbed an umbrella under my bed and began to beat Ethan with it. My mom called the police on him and that was the last I saw him.

I looked back down at my phone and answered Julie back.
Going to this party would be risky but if I don't, Ethan will control how I live my life and I can't let him win.

Me: yeah I'm in. I'm coming to the party 😎

Julie: Yay! 🎉Meet you at the mall?

Me: Sure. Where?

Julie: Forever 21 first, then we'll see.

Me: Perfect. see you tomorrow

Julie: Cool night

Me: Night

I walk over to my window and open the curtains. The sky is pitch black and the only light comes from the occasional lightning that would flash and the light from Alison's brother's window.

The same window with the light that came on when I left Ali's house the day we first met. The window's white curtains look yellow orange in the light. She said it was her brother's room but I still feel she was lying to me. I still wonder why.

All of a sudden, the light goes out in the window and no light can be seen anymore.

Almost as if someone was watching me look out my window.