Chapter Twentyone

A.N - It seems like AGESSSS since dear little Ichigo has been in the story, so ladies and gentlemen give a round of applause for the return of our hot headed carrot top!!

* * * The following morning * * *

"You're finally here!! Jeez! What took you so long Ichigo!" Rukia showed eagerly as she waved her hand back and forth, welcoming the carrot top.
"Yeah yeah, I have stuff to do... Places to be, you know how it is" ichigo replied, walking through the gate as he turned his head to face a different direction from where Rukia was standing. Taking is quite personally Rukia walked up to ichigo and punched him straight in the arm. Taken quite back from the force of rukia's punch, he stumbled but eventually slammed his head against hers and shouted "what was that for you idiot!" Just when a a brawl was about to break out Renji quickly stepped in between the heated pair and pushed their heads apart "guys this isn't the time to be fighting... Not when I have so much to tell ichigo about the hotty that I saw yesterday" he exclaimed grabbing ichigo's arm displaying a devilish smile to his face.

Ichigo let out a sign as he knew he was about to be brought into a conversation that he honestly didn't care much about being in... "So me and Rukia were walking back to our rooms from being briefed on the god games and we came across Kenpatchi..." Ichigo trembled at the name of the giant, even though they were on good terms he still feared him. "...but it wasn't just Kenpachi! He was carrying a girl in his arms, all romantic like! Like they had just got married... Well anyway that's not the point, she was precious! Her face was like... Like, I can't even find the words to describe the beauty of it! The things I would do to her if you know what I mean" he smirked, nudging ichigo's arm. Ichigo couldn't help but roll his eyes to the back of his head as Renji tried to make him praise him on his sighting.

Just when Renji was about to scold the orange haired boy for not giving him the response he wanted, Rukia pulled him aside and shouted "well enough of all this bull Crap chitchat, you have more important things to be discussing. Like the god games, remember? Renji we need to brief the substitute before he gets himself into trouble, as per usual"
"I do not get myself into trouble! Trouble just seems to come to me! Ichigo replied as Renji started explaining the brief without anyone listening. Eventually zoning into renji's discussion he heard him say "we are to remain with our duties but we must not make contact with the gods directly, only the captains are allowed to speak to them. They are staying in a location separate to the rest of us from the privacy and crap like that and the only time we'll see them is at the actual game... Which will be held in three days time. Captain Yamamoto is super serious about this one, I overheard the captains talking and they said that this year's god games may be the best that they are ever going to see, so who knows what will happen."

Processing the whole situation, Ichigo held his chin and thought for a moment before angrily saying "so they get treat all high and mighty while we can't even see who we're betting on, Jesus this is going to some crap game. I think it would be more interesting to watch paint dry. Who wants to watch privileged, superhuman people fight... And by saying fight I mean taking hissy fits about how their clothes arnt right, or the weathers too warm to fight. Not me, I'd rather not" Renji replied with a "so typical of Ichigo" kind of look to his face whilst Rukia softly said "no matter how you feel, this is an absolute in the soul society and since your a substitute soul reaper, you HAVE to be here so suck it up and complain in your head rather than picking our brains out about it"

Ichigo huffed and puffed as Rukia and Renji directed him to the room he was staying in but to his surprise he was bunking up with Renji. "Hey Rukia, you've took us to renji's room... So is my room down the hall or?" He nervously laughed. "Why would you think that Ichigo? Hell no, you're staying with Renji, somebody needs to watch you and I'm not gonna be the one to do that" she laughed as she started to walk away back to her own room. Ichigo dropped t his knees and reached out to Rukia who had her back turned away from them as she walked away. Ichigo suddenly felt an arm around his neck, pulling him to his feet. "Come on dude, we'll have a great time! Get in and make yourself at home Ichigo" he said as he forcefully dragged Ichigo into his room.