Day 3: Namsan Tower

Namsan Tower

(07:39pm)

I'm in love.

With Seoul, that is.

Everything about it was just amazing. Maybe it was the fact that I felt like I was constantly in a Kdrama. Being with Jin Yeong didn't hurt, too.

But whatever, I'm just gonna enjoy this while it lasts.

"What are the strips of seaweed for?" I asked him, totally clueless on what to do.

"Here," he said, picking up a slice using his chopsticks then placing it on top of his bowl of rice. He sandwiched the rice with the seaweed and put it in his mouth.

My eyes widened in astonishment. "Whoa, kinda like onigiri?"

He nodded. "Oh."

"Daebak," I laughed.

He only smiled at me, obviously amused.

We were currently eating at a restaurant at Namsan Tower. We were having bulgogi with its hot soup and veggies on the side. I couldn't decide if I liked this more than samgyeopsal.

I simply cannot choose! It's like making me choose between iKON and EXO.

"Is this worth giving all those promises to your father?" asked Jin Yeong suddenly.

"Totally," I nodded happily.

He gave out a small smile. "Good."

"What about you?"

"Mm?"

I slitted my eyes teasingly. "Does your girlfriend know you're helping out some random girl see everything that Seoul has to offer?"

Yes, I was fishing. I gotta ask at some point. Although I was pretty sure he was single, I had to make sure. I had no plans of being a relationship-wrecker.

I could tell from Jin Yeong's face that he saw through my question. He wasn't stupid, after all. He didn't answer for a minute or so, only keeping his eyes on me. Then . . .

"No."

My eyebrows raised in surprise.

"I don't have a girlfriend," he said casually.

YAS! OH, THANK GOD!

As casually as I could, I asked, "Why not?"

"None of them could handle it," he shrugged, picking on his food.

"Handle what?"

#AskJinYeong

"My life."

"Ah," I nodded slowly, looking down on my already empty bowl of rice. I think I need to order another bowl. "Actually, I've been thinking about that."

He looked at me.

"What if it's not that you don't approve of the methods your father is using?" I bit my lip, thinking thoroughly about this. "What if it's more of the fact that you're afraid you'll end up the worst of them all?"

His brows furrowed as he considered my words.

"I can see it in your eyes," I told him sincerely, my head tilting. "You're not the type who serves. You're the kind that rules."

Man, I am so deep right now that I blow myself away.

He didn't reply, quietly keeping his calculating eyes on me. I shrugged casually, getting more bulgogi from the steaming bowl.