Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I blinked, "You're....the boss?"

He nodded as he sat down, his eyes sparkling with dark amusement. I wanted to apologize for what I did in high school, but then I would have to explain why I did it. That is one thing I will never do, after everything that had happened, I couldn't tell anyone. Monica doesn't even know what my father did, only that he hated me. I was pulled from my thoughts when he suddenly spoke.

"Miss. Haze, why, it's a pleasure to see you again." he smiled. "How has life been treating you after school?"

I remained silent, too shocked to form any words. As soon as I tried to say something, it would die on my tongue, leaving my mouth dry. I swallowed, struggling to think of what to say to him. What do you say to the man you once bullied? The truth? No. He'll never believe me, he'll forever hate me.

"Liam..." I whispered.

His eyes flashed, "It's Mr. Wolf."

I cleared my throat, "O-of course, Mr. Wolf. Life has been...fine."

"Fine?"

"Yes, fine."

He pursed his lips, his eyes sparkled with the hatred I knew so well. I released a shaky breath before grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder. I quickly snatched up my folder as well, not wanting to stay in his office any longer.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, Mr. Wolf." I mumbled, turning to leave.

"Your interview isn't over, Miss. Haze." he sounded.

I spun around, "Wh-what?"

He smirked, "Sit down, Miss. Haze. The fun has just begun."

I stood there, unsure of what to do for a few seconds, but then decided to listen. I bit my lip as I took a seat, hugging my folder to my chest. Liam didn't say anything for a while, he just studied me, taking in every detail. He finally nodded and leaned back in his chair, folding his hands on his lap.

"Why do you need this job?" He asked, going into business mode.

I took a shaky breath, "Personal reasons, sir."

"Ah, not sir, Mr. Wolf." he corrected.

"Sorry, Mr. Wolf."

"That's better. Now, my friend told me you went to business school, dreaming of becoming some CEO. How come you never chased after that dream?" he questioned.

I swallowed, "I...had other duties, Mr. Wolf. I had to put a stop to my dream."

"Well, look at that. I'm now above you, the boss, just like how you were in high school."

"Mr. Wolf, I'm sorry okay? I know it was wrong, but-

"I don't want to hear it, Avalon." he snapped. "I do, however, want to make your life a living hell."

I blanched, "Wh-what?"

"You have the job, if you back out now, I'll make sure to destroy any chance of you getting money. Which means, making sure you get fired from that bar."

"Y-you can't do that!" I snapped. "It's my choice if I become your personal assistant or not!"

He smirked, "Oh, but I can, Miss. Haze. You see...that bar belongs to my uncle. Trust me, he won't be fond of you when he finds out my ex-bully is working in his bar. He has hated you since the first time you shoved me into those lockers."

"Wouldn't he have known who I was when I applied?" I asked.

"No, I never told him your name or what you looked like."