"Oh Luci, that sounds dreadful." she cried.

"Yeah. I barely got a wink of sleep. I'm exhausted."

Sage's eyes light up with excitement. She has an idea. Lord help me now. These never go well for me and I can never talk myself out of them. There's no stopping her once she set her mind on something.

"I know. Why don't we got on a date out of town?" She proposed. Just because there was no stopping her doesn't mean I couldn't try.

"I don't know, sugar. I have a lot of work to do." I said trying to make up an excuse.

"Oh, come on. Work can wait and you need a break anyways. Besides, I haven't been on a date in weeks." She whinned. Sage did her puppy eyes that she knew i couldn't resist for all the money in the world.

"Oh, alright," I say. Then I notice the cat out of the corner of my eye. "But what about Mr. Meowgi I can't leave him all alone. Especially after last night."

"He'll be fine. It's only for a few hours. And he's a cat not a dog. But if you're really that worried, I can ask Mitchy to check up on him while we're out."

.

Giving up I sigh and she stands up. "Well pick me up at 7:30 tonight and wear something decent." Sage grins at me pulling me off of the couch. Grabbing her coat, I put it on her shoulders and leave to call her a cab. Upon reaching the door where I left Sage, I noticed it was slightly ajar and I hear her fussing at someone. I could feel my feet moving faster as my brain ran over the options of who could possibly be at the door.

Yanking the door open, I felt my face and ears heat in anger. I began to slowly walk towards the redheaded boy standing on my porch. Sage seeing my furious expression, stopped in the middle of her sentence and grabbed my arm.

"Don't do anything you'll regret, Lucifer." She kissed my cheek and ran to the cab that I failed to noticed had arrived. "I mean it Luci! And don't be late!" She yelled and knowing her, she blew a kiss. I waited until she had vanished to approach him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, a little more harshly than I would have liked.

"Calm down, sir. I'm just here to apologize for my friends last night. Things got a little out of hand." Levi said, quickly preparing himself for whatever was coming his way. I take a deep breath. It was too early for this.

" Do you want to come in for some tea?" I asked. Levi looked surprised. It wasn't like I was going to bite or anything.

"Really?"

"Yes. Come on I don't have all day. I have a date I need to get ready for in a few hours." I said waving him inside.

In a few minutes we were both seated in the kitchen where I was pouring him a cup of tea. I hope he liked earl gray.

"Thank you, sir. This is delicious." Levi started. "You didn't have to hear me out. You could have slammed the door in my face." He had a point here. He doesn't even talk like the other boys, he's more...- proper.

"Levi, let me explain something to you. I don't like to be a violent man. Hell, I'm a writer for St. Augustine's sake! I just wanted a little peace, which is what I am accustomed to. Not only did you boys ruin that, but you have also brought that anger to surface."

"Mr. Evans, I really do apologize. I think the boys had too much alcohol and it messed with their brains. They are nice gents most day, I swear it to you. They have been nice to me since freshman year. They have protected me since they found about my incident.Even though they're not actually my friends. "