CH. 29 Into the wild

Start from the beginning

“Deal and so you can be mine.” At those words Dee just snorted.

“Please, don’t make me even think about that.”

“But you know I totally love your sister and I totally want to spend my life with her and you know what? We sort of talked about that and she wants the same, so, you better suck it up man.” He grinned up to his ears and well, I guess we somehow all changed because of love. How freakish and cool was that, man? Dee gave up and grinned in his usual way.

“Fine, be my guest and deal, I’ll be your best man.”

I looked a moment at River who hadn’t said a word about that and crap, it was always impossible to understand what he was thinking about, so I just asked him.

“What about you, River?”

“What about me what?” He obviously asked. Damn, he was terrible sometimes.

“You know about what.”

“You mean about best man and so?” I nodded, trying to read his face, but I gave up after a couple of seconds, because my brain couldn’t take it any longer. “Who knows? I have just begun dating Nic, I sure am not thinking about getting married or the sort. I live here in New York and he lives in Los Angeles and we shall see how things will go.”

“Do you miss him?” I automatically asked, because I couldn’t even think of living in a different city from my kitty and I actually wondered how Sasha will do once Travis will be in London. Man, gotta give him even more credit. He sure was a great man. River studied my eyes and then simply smiled on one side of his mouth.

“Yes of course I miss Nicholas, but I already knew from the beginning how this would be between us and so I was prepared to the distance.” He answered with his usual composed and calm voice and it made you wonder many things, but I knew he really missed him; I think he just didn’t like to make it obvious and public. River was a rather complex person and I knew he completely opened up only with Sasha, so you see my point when I say that my best buddy was our centre of gravitation? He really was.

We sort of resumed listening to the last part of the class and then finally the bell decided to ring and I darted out of the room to surprise Jas. He was there in the corridor talking to Travis, Sasha and Kevin and I wrapped my arms around pulling him up from the floor.

“Hey baby, guess what?” He giggled when I stroked his neck with my nose, probably tickling him a bit.

“What tiger?” I put him down and turned him around. I fished the folded paper out of my pocket and showed it to him. He widened his eyes in clear surprise and then cracked a super sweet smile style extra chocolate brownies with extra cream and cherries and smarties, so yeah, super sweet and wide smile. “Oh boy, you got a B Dima!” He took the paper and then suddenly jumped on me, throwing his arms over my neck. “So happy for you! Well done tiger!”

“Man, it’s all thanks to you. You know what Jas; we should study like that every single time.” He stuttered out something and he probably blushed, but he then chuckled and hugged me tighter.

“Uhm well, yep, maybe you are right. It sure worked well with you.” He jumped down and tiptoed to peck my lips. “So we have something else to celebrate during our weekend.”

“So blondie, you really got a B in biology? Amazing.” Cowboy Dallas annoyingly placed an arm around my boyfriend’s shoulders and gave him a kiss on the cheek, smirking at me.

“Hey Walker, hands off.” I pulled Jasper back to me and gave him a rather warning glare, but he just chuckled and shook his head.

“Hell, you really are jealous, Dima. Almost like my Alexi and well done for biology, especially considering you hate that subject, so I guess your methods cutie do really work.” He winked and Jasper gasped at that. “Hmm, I think I well know what kind of methods you used..well done my young Padawan.”