Chapter 4 *Dean's POV*

I turn around to see an average sized man in a trench coat. "Castiel." My eyes widened as I propped myself off my knees and onto my feet. "The second- and he wasn't kidding."

He walked a few steps closer to me and took a deep breath. "Of course he wasn't. Why would he lie?"

"I told him I'd tell you the truth when you were most vulnerable. Which you are now. In ways." He points to the journal laying on my bed. "I told him a few hours ago, so this...happened sooner than I thought it would." He crinkled his nose and swallowed. "A lot sooner, Dean."

My body became tense as he rested against the frame on the end of my bed. "You can call me Cas." He folded his arms and kept his eyes locked on my body. "Cas. just...like your dad."

"Now I'm going to give you the same speech I gave your brother. I came from up above. You're thinking right. The Lord is my father, along with Castiel. No, you're not crazy. Yes, I know you're questioning everything because your faith is as small as a pea." His voice creeped me out to no extent, which I'm not sure why because I found comfort in Castiel's(the original Angel we had) 

"I'm a guardian angel sent from my father, and the Lord, to protect you and Sam."

"Guardian Angel? Protect? Again?"

"My duty is to protect the ones with the most potential...and you..." He looked around my room with the clothes thrown on the ground, plates and bowls thrown around and garbage in every corner. "Obviously have potential, as well as your brother Sam." He finished.

"But why would the Lord, even if there is one... I still don't know..." He gave me a stern eye, but I continued. "Send you to protect US? Out of everyone on the earth? The people who are struggling, every day. We had your dad, we don't need you too."

"What you don't see, Dean. Is that you guys both are struggling." He turned around, and looked out my window. "In more ways than you know. I know your mom and dad died. Your mom died in a fire, and your dad died, saving your life." I walk up next to him, and stare out at the park that's below my window. "You almost died saving Sam's life. Sam almost died saving yours. You've sacrificed a lot for your brother, yes?" He turns to me, and waits for an answer. "Yeah, I guess." I squint my eyes and continue to watch out the window. "Sam feels guilty that he hasn't sacrificed much for you."

"He doesn't have much to sacrifice, Cas."

"He sacrificed his happiness for you."

My teeth clenched and I swallowed hard. "What?" A fist formed in the pocket of my jacket. "He sacrificed his happiness for you." And out flies my fist, aiming for his face, to only be blocked by his arm. "Oh nice. An angel with cat like reflexes."

"I'm capable of more than you know." He lowers his arm and stares back out to the life outside. "Sure angel boy."

"It's Castiel." His tone grew deeper, and harsh.

"Right." Cas turns to me and sighs. "Alright Dean. No need to be rude about it. I get you're broken."

I turn to him and raise my eyebrows. "Broken? I'm fine- Castiel. I'm just fine."

"No you're not. See, I can see right through you. My dad has told me everything. " He begins walking around my room, looking at me, then at the floor. "I know you're dreading tomorrow. I know you hate what you see in the mirror. I know everything Dean."

"And your point is?" I turn to him and grin. "I can tell your soul was removed to fit all your sarcasm."

"I never had a soul to begin with, Cas!" I raised my arms in the air and smiled. "Clearly." His voice was the same monotone it was when we first met. "Rude," I mumbled.

"Not all angels are completely nice, Dean." He says. "Clearly." I repeated. "Rude."

"Stop mocking me."

"You mocked me first, Winchester."

"What I want to know, is why your dad sent you to protect us. Why again, even though we haven't hunted in years. Why is that Cas?" He walks up next to me and puts his arm around my back. "Because I know things you and Sam don't." His voice changes a little. To a higher pitch, rather than staying monotone the whole time.

"Like?" I raise my eyebrows and stare him down. "I'll tell you when the time is right."