Tracking

I ran back to the scene where Gaara went missing scouting everywhere. Kakashi ran up behind me and started helping "I couldnt let you do it by yourself could i?" I scowled at him but i was glad he was here. 

Eventually i found grains of sand on the ground, the closer i looked in the grass the more i could see, it was trail. "Kakashi!" i called, my brother ran over "A trail...hmm Gaara is a smart guy"

"Well he is one of the five Kage's Kakashi"

"Speaking of Kage's um i have to talk to you about something and it-"

"Can it wait until we find Gaara?" I asked, i wanted to know what my brother wanted to tell me but my mind was too full of Gaara and whether he was OK. He could be dead for all i knew. "Uh yeah sure, come on lets follow it"

The trail must have been for me, Gaara could make sand - earth even - do and go where he wanted. He must've done it for me to follow, to find him. I was relieved, some guys try to be a hero and dont let anyone know where they are and that is why they die because they think they are too strong, too good at what they do and can take care of themselves. Im sure Gaara could've taken care of himself but it was nice to know he wanted help. 

We kept moving through the night, despite my brother warning me that combat when tired was a bad idea. We stopped as little as we had to to eat and drink so we didnt dehydrate or starve. 

We caught up to Gaara quickly, but not quick enough to intercept them before they entered a cave. It was huge, the black coats with red clouds gave away that they were Akatsuki. They wanted the Jinchuriki, if we didnt do something soon Gaara was going to die.

"Ok kid, the likelihood of death is high, we dont know how many others are in there, you sure you wanna do this?" Kakashi asked.

"I've never been surer of anything Kakashi, I- I love him"

Kakashi looked at me in shock, his brow creased and his eyes focused, i thought i was going to get yelled at but instead he grinned at me and ruffled his hair. "If it was anyone else i would've told you you're insane but Gaara...i dunno. i've seen the way he looks at you and i think you got a good one. But you are not allowed to leave Konaha you understand?!" He winked.

"We'll see, now come on. Lets go!"

--------------------

thanks for being patient this book is only gonna be a short one compared to my 6 book maze runner series but im working on some NaruSasu stuff which is going to be amazing :D 

love you guys

Love Abbie <3