Chapter 15: The Perks of Being a Celebrity's Best Friend

You wanna know what's a real downside to having a best friend who's in the public eye? Having to schedule your meet-ups days in advance.

"So it looks like I can't come over on Tuesday," Dylan told me over the phone. "Got lots of press to do until next Thursday."

"Oh," I said. I was lying horizontally on my bed in my pajamas, my head hanging off the edge. "Well, what about next Friday? We can go to Darla's then."

"Okay. Actually, no, I can't. I'm going to a movie premiere that night."

My eyes widened and I rolled over on my bed. "You're going to a movie premiere?"

"Yeah, it's for that new Logan Lerman movie that's coming out."

My mouth dropped open. "WHAT?!" I yelled before calming down and shrugging it off. "No."

"Yes," he replied.

I shook my head stubbornly. "No. You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Nope."

"Are you serious?" I yelled down the phone. "You're gonna walk on the same red carpet as Logan Lerman? I hate you! I hate you so much!"

"On a scale of one to ten, how jealous?" I could tell he was smirking as he asked this.

"Like, fifty!" I spluttered. Yeah, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to Mr Lerman. I may or may not have seen all of his movies to this day. What? I think he's a good actor. "Oh my God, what if you actually meet him? You have to get me his autograph! Pleeeeaaase!" I clasped my hands together as if to pray even though Dylan couldn't see me.

Dylan chuckled. "Figured you'd say that. Look, I can't promise anything, but if I do meet him I'll see what I can do."

Yes! I smiled to myself. "Oh my God, I love you! You're the best! You're my best friend in the whole world."

"Really? Wow, that's such an incredible honour considering the fact that you have so many friends - oh, wait..."

I gasped. "Hey!"

"Sorry, no offence."

"Some taken. But seriously, if you get his autograph, I will love you forever."

Another laugh from Dylan. "Yeah, keep it in your pants, Harper."

After the movie premiere I looked up a website to see photos from the event. Dylan had worn a snazzy black tuxedo, flashing his awkward smile as he posed on the red carpet and signed some autographs. There were a couple of pictures of him and Logan standing together and shaking hands - to this day, I am still very jealous. Donna Michaels was at the premiere, too (of course she was). Dressed in a rather short, skin-tight number, she and Dylan were posing together in a lot of photos, standing a little too close for comfort.

Anyway, the next time Dylan came home for the weekend, he had an autographed poster in his hands. But that's not all.

"Did Logan say anything about me?" I asked him, only half-joking.

"You know, funny you should say that..." Dylan took his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it before handing it to me. "Watch this."

All I could see on the screen was a PLAY button. "What is it?" I asked anxiously.

"No questions, just watch it."

"Alright, alright." I did as I was told and Logan Lerman's face showed up on the screen.

I couldn't see him, but I recognised Dylan's voice from behind the camera. "Do you mind giving her a quick message for me? She's a huge fan."