23. Colors & Promises

Start from the beginning

I hear a knock on my door then a text message notification on my phone,

Spencer: I'm here, coming in.

The next thing I heard was my front door open and the sound of her footsteps coming upstairs.

She and Tony have a spare key to our house just in case anything were to happen they can get in. Just like I have the spare to her apartment and to her car, true friends I tell you.

"Honey, I'm home!" I hear her say as she enters my room.

"Hey." I smile, my eyes closed as my body relaxes on the bed.

I feel her lay down next to me, then feel a poke on my face, "What?"

"Wake up, I'm bored."

I laugh and look at her on my side, "I'm sorry about that."

"What are you wearing tonight?"

I look up to the ceiling and think about what I have in the closet, "I don't know yet, I have an idea but I gotta go find the pieces." I reply.

"Well then you better hurry because the movie starts in two hours and you take like five to get ready."

I mock a shocked expression and hold my hand over my heart, "That's so rude coming from someone who takes ten."

"Only because it takes forever to cover up what's under this makeup." She laughs.

I get up from the bed and walk over to the closet, flipping the switch then begin to raid my drawers for the pair of shorts I had in mind, once I found them I grabbed my top from a hanger then a pair of shoes, going over to the bed.

"Where's Joyce?" I ask realizing Spencer didn't bring him.

"Oh he's with Tony, he wanted some male bonding time with him at practice today." She says with a smile.

"That's sweet, Jaime likes to take Lilah too sometimes."

"Is she with your parents right now?" She asks getting off the bed to sit in a chair that we placed across the room next to the fireplace that was built in our bedroom.

"Yeah my parents wanted time with her today, we usually switch between his parent's and mine if we're not going to be home or something." I explain.

I begin to change into my outfit for the night, I wiggle into some pink shorts that had floral designs on them, for my top I had picked out a faded maroon tank top that matched some of the designs on my shorts, it was flowy and would keep me cool outside.

My shoes were my favorite though, they were a champagne color that had glitter all over, with silk laces to tie them up. I matched my outfit with rose gold jewelry, placing a three-layer necklace around my neck, a watch and a chain bracelet, lastly my promise ring on my wedding ring finger.

I quickly went to the bathroom and let my hair out of the French braid I had it in and let all the waves fall around my face, not needing to touch it up anymore I began on my face. Simple winged eyeliner with a new coat of mascara and a matte nude lipstick.

I walked out of the room and found Spencer still sitting in the same spot fully invested in her phone, "Does this look good?" I ask spreading out my arms to show her my outfit.

"Yes, I love it, now let's go the girls are already there." She smiles pulling me out of my room after I quickly take a hold of my phone and a pair of sunglasses.

I grab a cross body bag from the downstairs closet then let Max in, locking the back door then giving him a bone to chew on while we're out.

I follow Spencer out the door and to her car, turning up the radio that happened to be playing Blink-182 All The Small Things, my all-time favorite song.