Attention

This was your year. The year you finally gave your captain, the great Eustass Kid, the best Christmas present ever!! You had done your research, followed him around town in secret, took note of every shop he had ever visited and every item he had ever shown interest in. It had been a painstakingly long process and the list of possible gifts had been a very long one.

Well, a list of things he hated at least. Your captain liked a lot of things, but he hated a lot of shit more so you thought it better to write down what NOT to get instead of what to get.

There would be no mistakes.

And now, the day of Christmas, you had his special gift wrapped and ready to be given to your amazing Captain and nothing, NOTHING, was going to stop you.

Except maybe....him.

Oh, how you despised that man. With his stupid mask and long, perfect hair and his faceless face!!! He had always been Kid's favorite, but not this year!! You were going to stomp the first mate so hard in the ground with your amazing gift that he will run away with his tail between his legs and never think to challenge you again.

Killer was going down!!

Everything you did for your Captain was quickly followed up with a better idea by the very man you despised. You remembered one time when you had bought an awesome bottle nail polish for your captain, thinking it suit him well, only for Killer to follow up the next day with a whole make up set with all the colors one could ask for. Another time you had volunteered to clean the workshop for Kid only to have Killer follow in after you and somehow clean it better and even organize the tools just the way your captain liked them. A similar thing happened when you decided to make Kid's favorite food for dinner, spending hours making it just right and then Killer would already be serving an entire tray of the captain's favorite foods before you could even give him yours.

You would hold an umbrella over Kid to give him shade, Killer would just move the ship out of the harsh summer sun.

You'd be there to assist the captain in his next project, only for Killer to outshine you by actually knowing what kind of tool Kid needed.

Buy Kid a new pair of goggles, Killer would personally make a better set for the red head.

Polish the deck, Killer would polish the whole ship.

Kill a horde of enemies only to be out shined by the second mate who took down an entire army.

It was an endless pissing contest and you lost, every single time.

The whole situation was driving you crazy. It was like he thought he was so much better then you!!! And you knew he was doing it on purpose, you could tell because each time he'd do it his gaze would go to you. It would be hard to tell for any normal person considering his DUMB mask, but you always felt his gaze.

It really pissed you off.

But not this year! This year you had a gift so great that even Killer couldn't beat it!! So amazing that it can't even be described.

Humming confidently, you made sure the bow on top of your wrapped gift was curled while the paper looked perfectly pristine. You had to resist the urge to laugh maniacally, knowing the admiring look on Kid's face would destroy your arch rival so badly that he would have to jump ship while shouting how much better you were then he was.

You hugged the gift close at the thought, sighing almost dreamily as you imagined many other scenarios where Killer would beg, praise, and even admit defeat to you. Nothing was going to ruin your moment and Eustass Kid would recognize your dedication to him and have to name you his best friend forever. Maybe even first mate!!

This lasted for quite a while it was almost sad. But you finally stopped when you realized the time and quickly ran out of your room to go find your captain, eager to present him with your amazing present. It had taken a little bit to find him, but concluded he was in the workshop. Taking the stairs downward, you walked down the dim hall and prepared to knock on the door (you didn't want to be slaughtered all because you walked in on an important project) but realized the door was cracked. Peeking inside curiously, you spotted your captain sitting at the work bench and on his right was....him.

You practically seethed but then realized this was better, now you would see Killer's reaction to your plan first hand and everything was going to-wait...He was giving the captain a present. Kid was opening it.

The captain stared at it before lifting it up with a satisfied smirk and when you finally realized what it was, your stomach dropped.

It was exactly the same thing you had bought him.

You hadn't realized you were clutching your own present so hard that the box and wrapping paper was being crushed under your angry grip.

He did it again. HE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!

Except this time, knowing you had obviously won, he had decided to just get there first and give Kid the same thing!!! Oh, OH!!! This was too much!! You were going to kill him!!!!

Snarling under your breath, you quickly turned to stomp down the hall, unaware of someone walking out of the workshop and notice you. You grumbled under your breath while you tried to think of a way to fix this until you felt a tap on your shoulder. Turning, you were met with a large, barrel chest that was covered in a tight blue shirt. You didn't have to look up at the tall man to know who it was.

That fucking goatee bastard!! He was coming to gloat!! Oh, how you wanted to punch his smug face under that mask.

You were already imagining ways to torture the second mate but were interrupted when you noticed Killer was snatching the crumpled gift out of your hands and placing a new package in them. Confusion swept over you as you stared at the small box with polka-dotted wrapping paper.

Looking up, you tried to figure out what kind of game this was. Perhaps a form of boasting? Haha, I got the Captain a better gift and I'm a better person by getting you one too kind of boasting?

You seethed, it made you want to throw the present on the ground and jump on it like a five year old.

But you were an adult. And adults only stomped on gifts privately in their rooms.

Swallowing your anger, you unwrapped the Christmas present, expecting a pile of dog shit inside or whatever only to pull out a weird green....leaf? You frowned, not really understanding what you were looking at. Closely inspecting the plant, you noticed it had two little red berries on it and a red ribbon that was tied so it could be hung on something.

It still hadn't dawned on you and you weren't sure it would until much later.

The reason for that was because the next moment you were pushed roughly against the wall by strong, callused hands. Yelping in shock you started to struggle but Killer's palms were firmly on your waist and keeping you still while his thick thigh forced itself between your legs, lifting you up slightly off the ground to where your toes barely brushed the floor. His chest was pushing against your own and his hold on you only grew stronger when you tried to push him away, gift falling to the floor in the confusion.

You were about to shout and curse angrily but were stopped when you felt lips overtake your own, smothering your cries while a hand gripped your chin and forced you still. You were so shocked, you hadn't even realized his mask was off and you didn't even get a good look at him before he suddenly pulled away and was sliding it back on.

Knees suddenly weak and body hot with something you couldn't name, you almost slid to the floor but used the wall as support as you stared up at the first mate with wide, disbelieving eyes.

Killer didn't say a word as he bent down and grabbed the mistletoe and moved forward, gently tying it in your hair. He brushed your cheek with his hand then left you to stew in your strange desire, shock keeping you from stopping him and asking what the hell had just happened.

He didn't even look back as he left you in the dim hallway with his gift tied prettily in your hair and Kid's left forgotten somewhere on the floor.

It wouldn't be until many confused days later that he would finally admit to you that he hated when you tried to do things for Kid.

Because then Kid would notice you and he didn't want that at all.