Boo

Bucky woke up early the next morning. He hadn't slept at all the night before, having been formulating a plan in his head. The ex-Hydra assassin didn't remember everything about his best friend Steve, from before the war, but he did remember Becky. The photograph of her had brought back memory upon memory of the sassy, upbeat, young woman he'd fallen in love with. And he wasn't about to let Hydra take that from him.

His plan was relatively simple, when she came for Steve, he'd find her, make sure she was safe, and help her remember. They could both remember.

* * *
Bucky wandered down the SHIELD hallways, towards Steve's room. Right at the end of the hallway, on his left was Steve's bedroom. He gingerly knocked with his left fist, wincing when he heard the clang of metal upon metal.

Steve walks to the door and groggily answers, smiling tiredly when he sees Bucky leaning against the doorframe.

"Morning, Buck. You're up early."

Bucky nods and jams his hands into the pocket of his red hoodie.

"We need to find her, Steve."

Steve lets out a deep breath and looks to the floor.

"You're right. There's nothing else to wait for." Steve says turning to go back into his room, switching into his uniform.

Bucky waits outside his door, till Steve comes and joins him. The two don't say a word as they walk to the jet landing area, until Steve breaks the silence.

"We're going to find my sister, Buck. I promise." He says to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I know... because I'm with her till the end of the line."

* * *

Once the jet had landed a little ways from Times Square, the soldiers set out down the brightly colored streets.

"She should be out there looking for you, already. Once we see her, we'll bring her home." Bucky says to Steve.

Steve sighs and turns to Bucky. "She won't remember right away. It may take some time, Buck. You have to ready for that."

Bucky shrugs him off. "She'll remember. I'll help her."

Steve bites his lip and nods to him. "Keep a look out."

"Target locked, agent. I've found him."

"Take him out."

The agent receiving her orders, shuts off the coms and strides down the street. Once she catches sight of the target again, she pulls her mask up over her face. Her mission was nearly over.

Bucky elbows Steve a little too harshly, his eyes glued to a figure in the distance behind them. "Ow! What was-"

He suddenly realizes what he was gesturing at. A shadowy silhouette of a girl, a mask covering most of her face was gazing at the two of them. Particularly Steve.

In the blink of an eye, she was inches from them. A large gun held in her two gloved hands. Her piercing blue eyes boring into Steve's.

"Becky... It's you, isn't it?" Bucky looks at the tall, slim figure of the girl he once knew.

"Who the hell is Becky?" She spits out the words, not having a clue as to what or whom he was talking about. He only winced hearing the words come from her mouth. Steve was right. She didn't remember.

Knowing she had Bucky distracted, she throws a blow to Steve, who was still watching the scene unfold.

He rolls out of the way, his shield in front of him as a barrier between them. "We need to talk about this." He starts.

"Nothing to talk about. You're my mission." She grabs him in a chokehold, seeing the breath draining out of him.

"So, finish it, Boo." Steve manages to choke out. Becky sucks in a breath, dropping Steve to the ground with a short shake of her head before taking off running down the street.

She knew that name. Someone had called her by it a long while ago, but she couldn't recount that far back.