Plums

"What the hell happened, agent? You have a mission!"

The Hydra agent's coms switch back as she reaches the rendezvous point. A helicopter is hovering above the concrete, having been waiting for her arrival.

"Silver. What's your excuse? You failed your mission, which we both know is clearly not an option." Another agent scolds her, anger written across his face.

Silver bites her lip and turns her head to look back at the two men rushing after her.

"Becky! Becky, I need to talk to you! Becky, please."

"It's important! Just listen."

Something odd had happened on the bridge. That man. She knew him.

Without another glance at the Hydra helicopter, Silver jumps on top of her black motorcycle and speeds off down a busy street. She's hoped there'd be a chance she'd blend in with ongoing traffic. There wasn't a chance she'd go back to Hydra. They would wipe her again and she couldn't have that. But the two men... they were an unknown danger she didn't want to deal with quite yet.

A moment passes before she notices the two men tailing her. Another moment passes before she feels a sharp pain in her arm. One moment more and she realizes it was a sedative. Her eyes slowly drifting shut as she tries to keep them open.

* * *

"Is she conscious, yet?" Bucky asks.

"Unconscious, but she's breathing." Bruce answers, checking her vitals.

"Yes, that's what it's called when your chest heaves up and down and your lungs fill with air." Tony comments.

"Cut the sarcasm Tony." Natasha sighs.

Becky sits up straight in the bed she'd been laying in, looking around at the room she was in. It was sort of like a hospital, white ceiling, white walls, white bedding. The Avengers all stood around her bedside. She quickly catches sight of Steve. "You... you're my mission... but... I knew you." She stutters, confused by her own words.

Steve stares at his sister, sadness clear in his blue eyes.

"I knew you too."

"Steve. That's your name, isn't it?" Becky mutters, almost unsure of the words she'd just spoken.

"Yes, it's my name, Becky."

Becky slowly nods.

"That's what you called me on the bridge. Becky." She says, as if trying it out for the first time.

Steve nods and gestures to the rest of the Avengers to give them a moment. Bucky is the only one that stays. He tears his bag from his shoulder and digs around for something specific. A few full notebooks and broken pencils tumble out. Once he gets the item he'd been looking for, he pulls it from his bag and tosses it to Becky.

"It's a plum." She whispers, looking down at the violet fruit in her palms.

"Thank you...?" She asks, waiting for him to say his name.

"James. But you can call me Bucky, doll."