We're Simply Meant to Be

Hello!~
Here's a quick one shot before the next chapter, I hope you enjoy!
----   ----   ----
----
----   ----   ----

You slammed the door, nearly hitting poor Ayesha in the process. You sink down to the floor, hugging your knees tightly to your chest.
Ayesha rubbed against your arm in an attempt to soothe your sobs and it helped for the most part.
You lightly picked her up and set her in your lap.
"I'm sorry Ayesha... You're so great for being here for me in this dark time.....you probably can't understand a thing I'm saying but who cares..."
You hugged her gently and let out a small laugh.
"Look at me...talking to a cat as if it'll answer back...I might as well be talking to air."
"You could if you wanted."
A voice replied, making you jump in surprise.
"Who's t-there?!"
"You could say that I'm simply..air." The voice answered in a playful tone.
"A-are you the O-opera ghost?" Your eyes widened and it stood up, making sure to be gentle with Ayesha.
"You caught me..yes I am. But I'd rather like it if you referred to me as 'The phantom of the opera' my dear."
Wrapping your arms around yourself, you looked around the room.
"Alright Phantom, what do you want?"
"Well as I asked earlier, I'd like my cat back if you don't mind..."
"So Ayesha is yours?" You asked in surprise.
"Yes she is.." You could have sworn you heard him whisper 'and soon you will be.' But you said nothing about it.
"It must have been irritating to not have her with you, I'm sorry to have kept her so long." You blushed in embarrassment.
"It's quite alright my dear, if I'm completely honest, it would be more enjoyable if you were both here."
You raised a brow.
"Monsieur?"
"What I mean to say is, I'd love to meet you...face to face."
The voice now sounded as if it was right behind you.
You soon developed goose bumps as you felt someone breathing down your neck.
"Bonjour.."
"Hello monsieur..."
"I'm afraid I'll have to take both you and Ayesha back with me."
"B-but why me?!" You whipped around and were met with a white porcelain mask.
It covered most of his face, other than his eyes and mouth. He was extremely tall and wore a wide brim fedora along with a cape.
What sparked your interest most were his eyes. They were a bright burning shade of gold, they were almost hypnotizing...
You were snapped back to reality and paled considerably once your felt him grab your wrists in one hand and wrap the other around your waist.
"Isn't it obvious?" He said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
He said one last thing before you blacked out.

"Because we're simply meant to be..."