Part 5

Oliver awoke to the sound of a monsters cry, it's echo seeming to shake the forest around him as he looked around for his weapons, seeing the scar on his leg through a torn part of his pants as he picked himself up. There he was, one of the key leaders of an army that reshaped his country for the better and a person who always worked in aiding others, now out and about hunting as if he was some old retired Texan. However, it showed that he could still do some good with his career, given the past few months after he had built his house he found requests for killing certain creatures harming travelers and traders, getting himself his own way of making coin anonymously. Now here he was a year later, looking for a large beast that had taken residence near the area he had appeared and was terrorizing travelling merchants, sometimes leaving limbs in the process of its hunt, putting a high bounty on them to ensure safety for travellers. Oliver smiled as he picked up his bow and quiver, setting his quiver on his right side as he started recalling some of the history he had read through back at his home.

'Cao Cao had taken to hunting and reading after he retired from his duties as a guard commander of the north part of the capital and a prefect, and then went out of retirement and became one of the greatest generals of his time. Could say I'm taking his route in an opposite fashion...' Oliver thought as he picked up a small hunting knife from where it was resting, having used it the last night to make some arrows from the ones he had broken, before he it in it's sheath and started walking over to the direction he had heard the sounds. He stepped over stray branches and twigs as he kept his gaze on his surroundings, his hand resting on his arrows from his prior experiences with the beasts in the area. He had learned more about the land from Reginhard's observation of the terrain, and gained confirmation of his thoughts of the place being the world he had anticipated, having read through the story and seeing the Empire's seal enough times to not mark it as an impossibility. He could practically hear the entity whispering in his head smugly about it'They'd probably say something like: well, when you yourself have the power to travel into alternate realities after planning on the possibility of having to leave to one, it shouldn't be surprising that something like this is possible.'

He heard the monsters cry again, this time resounding with a second similar cry as he heard multiple shouts that were clearly human as he changed to a sprint, his hand soon grabbing one of his arrows as he moved through the trees and jumped over some fallen logs as he found himself amidst what he could consider to be it's path, soon finding himself on the trail in between Emerial and Reginald, one of the many trade partners with the town. There he found two large danger beasts that stood around sixteen to seventeen feet on four legs from his view of them, their claws long and sharp with their tails seeming to have a scorpions tail, but with the bodies of bears and their heads unable to be viewed from where he stood. In front of them, however, were a group of soldiers that still looked surprised by the attack, a dozen or so strewn around the animals with few still having their limbs attached. Oliver's gaze looked to the banner they were carrying, soon seeing the same banner that hung on the castle gates, making his eyes turn stern as he grabbed one more arrow from his quiver and kept them in his bow hand as he aimed his own arrow to the beast on his left, his mind going back to the survival skills his dad's friend taught him.

'Scorpions were poisonous and quick to sting anything it could call a prey or enemy, but with these creatures the tail probably works against larger danger beasts and could be easily fatal to humans from the puncture wound alone.' Oliver thought as he aimed his arrow at the stomach of one of the bears, moving to the side as one of the soldiers noticed him. he also noticed a severed arm with a two foot steel shield that held a small dent in it strewn a yard beside him, a sword right by his feet as he lightly stepped to it. 'These creatures have good traits, but should be slow with their bodies. I only need to kill them before any more problems are caused or distract them long enough for the soldiers to reform and manage proper formations, that way they can help if they need to.'