Part 4

The moon did not show in this night in the woods as Oliver lay back in his makeshift cot, a bow and quiver laying beside it as he heard the rustle of the woods around him. It had been seven days since he had been given the items and his month long trial had started, yet he had yet to find one single animal. 'This is stupidly bad luck, even for me.'Oliver thought as he reached his hand up into the air, his hand opened and reaching for what he could feel was his hope slipping away. He had been able to get food from Oric, and even got some advice on the type of creatures that would be considered edible, but the hunting tactics he had used back when he went with his father were useless in this environment, not even any small rate monsters came in. Oliver had tried baiting them with small pieces of his left over food, using vegetables, even hiding behind bushes in wait for the beasts to just casually stroll up, but none appeared.

"DAMMIT!" Oliver shouted as he slammed his hand down into the cot, whatever structure it held soon falling apart with him in it, making him pull himself up cursing as he started picking leaves off of his body. As he did, he heard the leaves begin to rustle differently, followed by the crunching off footsteps as Oliver reached for his bow and quiver, his voice quieting down as the crunching came closer. 'The footsteps are even, but not enough to be any more than two feet moving towards me.'

Oliver sighed as he turned towards the sound, his gaze expecting to meet a human heading near him. What he found, however, was a large beast that was clearly reptilian in nature, walking on two legs with it's body shaped like what was similar to some dinosaurs he had seen in a museum.'However, it's the same creatures that had attacked Night Raid, given the gem on it's head.' Oliver thought as he noticed the shape of the creature's head, along with a small blue gem in the center of it as he kneeled down and reached down for the bow and started to pull out an arrow from the quiver before he stopped, his gaze sternly noticing the way the creature was following him. 'It's waiting for me to try and draw the bow back...'

With that Oliver stood back up his gaze looking around him. Now that he knew what he was facing, glints of what could be considered the same creatures were now more visible around the area, some moving around and showing clear signs of what they were, and others barely moving and could only be glints of light, all circling towards him as his mind went through the options of how to deal with them.

'Did you already forget?' came a voice in Oliver's memories, making him look down to see the shadows of the trees above him, his mind imagining the pair of red eyes that the voice went to. 'Your power may come from ambition, but it is nothing without determination. So then, what is it that you strongly wish to achieve?'

Oliver then smirked, looking back up to see the creature already in a crouched stance as he took an attack stance. "Of course these creatures remind me of the training they put me through..." Oliver spoke to himself, the beasts now completely surrounding him as he raised his hands, his gaze on the three closest as they charged towards him, the blue jeweled beast sitting back and watching. "Fine then, come and meet death."

Oliver then spun under one of the beasts as they went for a bite, slamming his fist into it's chest and feeling a few resounding cracks as he broke it's ribs, making the creature cry out in pain as the other two jumped forward. In the same motion, Oliver grabbed the creature's neck with his free hand before dragging it and slamming the creature into the one on his left, feeling it surprisingly lighter than he expected. 'With their size, it should've given me more problems to toss them around.' Oliver thought as his left foot shot up into a high side kick, his heel slamming into the jaw of the final creature and causing their head to snap back with a resounding crack, soon falling to the ground beside him. 'I'll figure out the reasoning as to why later, if I manage to survive...'