Part 3

Oliver sighed as he got out of the tavern, finally done with the work he needed to do for the day as he looked up at the sky. 'Still high noon, huh?'Oliver thought as he rested his hand on where his dagger should've been, having left it in the room that Oric had loaned him. 'Well then, if I want to live in peace, the best option should be out in a field to farm or hunt on. But the question is if the request for land will be accepted.'

Oliver then decided to walk through the town, his gaze overlooking the area again as his mind went to his knowledge from Myrkr. 'the darkness I control spans back before the dawn of your universe, before life and what you believe as time existed. However, that does not mean it only bears ancient knowledge.' Echoed the voice of Myrkr in Oliver's memories. 'They also grant you the ability to understand and respond to other cultures, as well as understand who they are and the realm they belong to.'

Oliver then smiled as he saw the same sign he had trouble reading the day before as he walked into the plaza, his mind concentrating on the letters as his eyes started to hold a light orange. 'If I remember his phrasing correctly... "Along with the control of your abilities being ambition, the reasons of the ambition may change over time, and are different given different circumstances. As such, you could have an ambition to complete the yard work, or to make your own ice cream, to help the poor, to destroy your enemies, to find love, or even to build an empire." Right?' Oliver remembered as his eyes glow vanished, being held back as his eyes saw the words on the sign change into English in his head, his own thoughts now rolling instead of memories. 'Dragon's Tail, huh? Sounds rather good...'

He then heard horns blare near the castle, causing him to look over to see a group of elite guards marching out of its gates. What caught his attention, however, was the symbol on their shields and banner held a dragon circling around a red-and-white-checkered shield, a man standing at the front of them with dark silver hair. He then felt a tap on his shoulder before he turned around, seeing the girl from the barracks behind him. "Hey, Oliver, I see that you didn't take your dagger today." The girl spoke, Oliver only looking to her confused as she talked to him.

"Indeed I didn't, miss city guard." Oliver responded, looking back to the man standing in front of the soldiers. He had royal robes on, but his look and the symbol on the shields looked like a realistic visualization of something he had seen a long time ago. "Tell me, who is that man in front of the guards? Someone important?"

"You really don't know?" the girl responded as she walked in front of him, looking at him confused. "That's Arlus, the crown prince of our land. He's may not be in the field as much as his siblings, and he may only be at the age of twenty-four, but even the elders are amazed at his intellect and wisdom on matters despite his experience only coming from books."

"Is that so..." Oliver replied, looking to the symbol as he tried to understand it's similarity, his mind going through what could be the possible solutions to it. When his mind finally found what he had been searching for, however, his gaze hardened. 'Impossible...' Oliver only thought as he turned back to the girl. "Say, is there a mountain around here that's fake despite it looking like a real one?"

"No, there isn't." the guard responded as she looked at him confused, Oliver's mind starting to ease up, though it kept a bit of paranoia as he looked on at the man. "But there is a part of the forest a quarter days travel south that's covered in creatures that look as if they're really the plant life, even some rock types that have been moving in herds with the tree beasts."

'So it could still be the same place...' Oliver thought, a smirk coming up on his face as he looked to the man again. He could see the similarities more vividly, even if it wasn't confirmed for him. Despite that, the symbol and the man were two too many to be simply coincidence. 'Well then, I guess this means that my own form of peace will not be around if I try to go for a job in the palace, or even in the city for that matter...'