Chapter 8: Just Friends?

The rest of the day played out normal. I occasionally day dreamt of kissing Harry again while feeling up his jacket. That gave me a few interesting stares, but I could care less.

After Art History it was about 3 o'clock so, I went back to my dorm to stuff Harry's jacket in my closet. Somewhere away from my touch. He was bad news and as much as I liked a challenge, he seemed to complex for my brain to understand. Then again that brain of mine liked to bring in images of Harry quite frequently.

I kept on my denim jacket as I made my way out of 'the hole'. There was one last thing I needed to do today which was apologize to Jared. He was simple and sweet. That's what I needed.

But what do you want?

That voice in my head echoed in my mind. Yet, I pushed it aside and walked farther and farther until I met the doors of the Seattle Coffee Shop.

The familiar bell rang as I entered. A few heads rose towards my direction then went back to their assumed positions. I confidently strided towards the front counter and waited behind a lady who was ordering a complex cappuccino. Trying to hide my face from Jared I kept my gaze at my boots.

"Order?" Jared bluntly stated once I got to the counter. Okay he sounded pissed. Fúck. Okay Bea just say what you rehearsed.

"Just a strawberry smoothie please" I weakly smiled at him even though he avoided my gaze. A smoothie really?

"Name?" He said being difficult.

"A girl who is really sorry for running out of a coffee shop before she could meet a really cute guy after his break" I said at a fast pace.

"Okay your order will be out soon. Enjoy. Next" Jared said while avoiding my stare once again.

"Shít" I muttered under my breath.

I sat down at a chair slightly embarrassed of what just happened. A few minutes later my order was called out.

"Strawberry smoothie for Bea!" My head rose at the sound of my name instead of my embarrassing attempt to apologize to Jared.

I rose from my seat to grab the drink. The smoothie was now in hand while trying to sneak another glance at Jared, but failed as he was still distracted.

I looked at the writing on the cup: 'My shift is over in 10 minutes. Don't run out this time?'

A gidey smile spread across my face as I realized I was given a second chance. I looked up at Jared who was looking down writing down a order with a smile was plastered on his face too.

Those 10 minutes had passed by too slowly as I spent them trying to down the strawberry smoothie. It was the first order that popped into my head besides my usual Guatemalan coffee. I mentally scolded myself for ordering a smoothie in a coffee shop.

I looked over at Jared who was now removing his apron and hanging up on a hook near the back of the brewing station. His hair looked as if he had just gotten out of bed, but I didn't mind it. Infact, I actually liked it.

My palms started to get damp as he began to walk over towards my seat. Was I nervous?

"So, A girl who is really sorry for running out of a coffee shop before she could meet a really cute guy after his break was it?" He said repeating my ridiculous 'name'.

"I prefer Bea" I smiled at him. He reached out his hand and I gladly grasped it.

"So, you think I'm cute?" He looked over at me as we exited the shop.