12 | sweet and sour

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.

-Michael Clifford-

________________________

quick question :) : who do you guys cast to Matthew and Lila? I don't have a set cast list so you guys are able to choose who you want, but I've always imagined Holland Roden as Lila. Lmao, I don't have anyone for Matthew :)

- L I L A -

"So, are you and Matthew a thing now?" Gloria spoke up, trying to spark a conversation whilst gaining Isaac's attention.

I placed my pen down on the page and turned to her with a curious expression that had traces of slight amusement. "Why do you want to know?" I questioned. "Do you like Matthew?"

"Answer the question, Lila." Isaac whispered, leaning forward on the table his forearms with his pen lid in his mouth. "We both want to know the answer."

I stared at his sunken, faded blue eyes, watching as he waited patiently for my answer. An answer I didn't have at that moment.

"We both like each other, but we're not official yet." I confirmed, trying not to smile when Gloria rolled her eyes and began to scowl. "Gloria? Why did you sit next to me?"

Her head snapped in my direction, and she huffed, standing up. "I know we don't like each other, but I just wanted to know if there was something going  on between you and Matthew." She confessed, shrugging with a blank   expression. "Loads of girls like him, but we can never speak to him because he's always with you."

Yasmine choked on holding back a laugh and snorted as she covered her mouth. "Is that why so many girls came up to me asking if he was single?"

Gloria blushed and turned swiftly on her heels with her head low.

Wow.

Isaac frowned and gave me a sad smile as we exited the class and headed towards the hall. "I'm still in love with you," he whispered, glancing at Matthew as he spoke to Greg. "That's not going to change."

_____

"What's wrong?" Matthew asked, bumping his body against mine gently in order to get my attention.

Tearing my gaze from a heartbroken Isaac, I remained silent and focused on the teacher giving a lecture about a subject I wasn't all too interested in.  "Nothing, it doesn't matter."

"Are you sure?" he questioned, turning his head to face me.

I'm still in love with you.

Isaac had done the exact same thing with Vanessa. He probably played mind games with her, making her confused about her feelings so she eventually cheated on Matthew. Isaac hurt his best friend and was doing the exact same thing with me, playing on my guilt so I could feel sorry for him.

Seeing Matthew's hand on the armrest, I contemplated grabbing his hand before I actually gained the confidence to interlace our fingers. "Positive."

Matthew grinned and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. Yasmine directed a huge smile my way along with a sly wink. "My ship is sailing." She whispered, nudging me with her foot.

From across the hall, Isaac's gaze fell to our joined hands, a deep frown impairing his face as he looked up at me.

They had a thing when I was dating her.

Once the period had ended, everyone filtered out of the doors whilst Isaac glanced at me meaningfully, his eyes full of an emotion I wished I never saw. He then turned his back on me, exiting the hall through the opposite exit with his head low.