Kiss and Tell

My Princes…Your lips are mine to steal

N O C T I S  L U C I S  C A E L U M

The two of you were walking down the streets of Insomnia. From a distant you could see the eyes of people staring at you as you strolled hand in hand with the one and only Prince of Lucis. You knew this was bound to happen, it was inevitable. Life as a prince was the equivalent to being a celebrity, there were no thing such as secrets, much like your relationship with the prince being everything but a secret.  There was never a time when you would walk down the streets without hearing people whispering and pointing fingers about you.

“Look, it’s the Prince’s girlfriend.”

“I thought she was going to be a Princess.”

You hated it at first, but overtime you learnt to ignore and deal with it. However merely ignoring it, was not enough to barricade the conflicting emotions you felt within yourself. Sometimes, though you never told Noctis, you questioned if you were worthy of the Prince, after all, you were just a measly commoner, nothing royal or noble in any shape or form.

“Whats wrong [Name].” Noctis asked, your sudden down mood did not go unnoticed by the Prince. “You’re awfully quiet today.”

You shook yourself out of your trance to look up at the Prince who was looking down at you with eyes of concern. “I-It’s nothing Noctis. I’m fine.” you said softly, tucking a lock of hair behind your ear--which Noctis learnt was a little habit of yours that you did whenever you were nervous or hiding something.

But Noctis could tell from your little gestures that something was on your mind. Looking around, he could see numerous staring at the two of you together. There was no way he could talk to you in peace with these many people around. Without warning, Noctis then started to drag you across the street catching you by surprise.

“W-What? Noctis?” you yelped. However Noctis did not respond and continued to drag you across the street until he pulled you into a secluded alley way. Now there was no chance anyone was going to see the two of you.

“W-What are we doing here Noctis?” you questioned, completely confused by this unexpected turn of events.

“Well since you weren’t talking to me before. I was thinking that maybe with nobody around you’ll spill the beans.” Noctis replied. He then stepped closer to you, causing you to walk back until you were stuck between him and the wall. “Now talk.” he said, there was no way for you to escape now.

You bit down on your lip, this time avoiding his gaze. “Don’t worry about me Noctis, nothing’s bothering me.”

“[Name]?” he asked again. “You know I don’t like it when you hide thing from me.”

“Fine..” You breathed out a trembling sigh and finally lifted your head to face him. “This relationship is bothering me.” you finally confessed.

Noctis eyes enlarged and his body froze. What did you mean this relationship was bother you? What did he do wrong? Why did you suddenly start to feel this way. More importantly, how long have you been feeling this way.

“A-Are you implying that you want to break up?” Noctis asked nervously. “Whatever I did to make you hate me,  I’m so sorry [Name]!”

“What no!” you exclaimed. “It’s nothing like that!” you quickly clarified.

Noctis then raised his brow in bewilderment. “It’s not?”

You shook your head. “No, I don’t want to break up with you Noctis.” you tightened your lip and lowered your gaze. “I..I just don’t feel worthy to be in a relationship with you..”