Those Three Words

My Princess...I love you beyond description

N O C T I S   L U C I S   C A E L U M

It was another peaceful day in the kingdom of Lucis, and luckily for the young Prince, he was dismissed from his usual royal duties. However despite his freedom, there was something bothering him at the back of his mind, and it had been doing so for the past few days.

A sign escaped Noctis' lips and he looked up from his lap to see you waltzing around the palace gardens. A smile graced his lips and sight of you looking so graceful among the surrounding flowers. He could remember you telling him that the gardens was your favourite place, and Noctis always made sure to bring you here as much as he could. Being able to see you glow with happiness was enough to make the young Prince's day. Noctis smile then subdued to a slight frown. However, he felt that that wasn't enough. There was burning feeling inside him, and Noctis had to let it out.

"Noct." 

Noctis shook himself out of his thought to see you looking back at him with a sweet smile. However that soon fell when you noticed the troubled expression he had on his face. 

With furrowed brows, you walked towards the prince before sitting down on the bench beside him "Are you okay?" you asked with a voice of concern. 

But the Prince did not respond, but instead looked back down to his lap.

"Noctis?" you called him again, this time cupping his face in your hands, gazing at his blue irises with eyes of worry. 

Noctis' heart began to beat furiously at the close proximity he was sharing with you. This was unusual, he never reacted this way whenever he was with you. The burn he was feeling within him being was starting to get out of control. His fists which he had planted on his lap, began to clench and unclench, as a sudden wash of nerves overtook him. 

"I-I." Noctis began to stutter. He felt a bump begin to lodge itself in his throat, preventing him from speaking. "I--" 

"What is it Noct?" you asked. "What's bothering you?" 

Noctis clenched his teeth together. Why couldn't he say it? 

You blinked, waiting for the Prince to respond. "Hey--"

"I love you okay!" As soon as those words left Noctis mouth, his face flushed into a bright shade of red. The burning feeling he felt had diminished, but the eratic beating of his heart continued. He did not meant to yell that out. 

"W-What?" you were shocked, speechless. Dropping your hands from Noctis' face, you quickly whipped your body to turn away from the Prince.

Noctis froze at your reaction. "[Name]?" he placed a hand on your shoulder and you instantly flinched. Gently, he turned your body around so you were facing him. Immediately, he noticed the bright glow of red emitting from your face

Your eyes avoided to met his gaze. "I'm sorry for blurting that out at you." he said softly. "I understand if you don't feel the sam--"

Your eyes widened. "No!" you exclaimed. "I-It made me happy." 

Noctis' heart skipped a beat at the sound of your words. Smiling softly, he then placed his hand gently on your cheek, "[Name]." 

Your blush deepened at the close proximity, but your eyes darted to meet his. "Yes?" 

The young Prince then leaned close and pressed his forehead against yours. His eyes gazing lovingly at you. "I love you." he whispered. 

You giggled softly, and placed your hands on top and laced your fingers together with his.