Chapter 6

"Oh no" I mumble eyes widening. "Oh please no". It's Gittarackur, "AHHH" I scream as I try to run away from him. The chain is still around my ankle yanking me back, making me fall right on my face.

"Ow" I whine. Rubbing my face, I look down and notice the other side of the chain is wrapped around Gittarackur's ankle. 'Nevermind, I take it back. I would rather be alone'.

He slowly turns to look at me, almost creaking as he does, until he is staring at me his head tilted and a blank expression on his face. A chill goes down my spine, 'this is not going to be enjoyable'.

Suddenly there was a voice over the speakers. "This path is called chained connection. You must work together to get through a series of trials and mazes, but you will only make it through with co-operation and a plan," the voice says.

"The door in front of you is the start you may start whenever you like," he continues. I could hear the smile in the examiner's tone. 'That bastard is laughing at me'.

I take a hesitant glance at Gittarackur. He is staring directly at me, I try not to squirm uncomfortably but his gaze is scaring the crap out of me.

'If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's amusement written on his face,' I think in disgust.

We stay in the exact same place, neither of us making any move for the door. 'Oh god we are in such close proximity to each other. The feelings of their touch' creep into my mind.

My mind starts getting dragged back to that day. I can't stop myself from thinking about it, my breathing getting heavier and heavier. I crouch down trying to calm down. Then, I hear a weird sound almost like snapping a plastic band.

I look back to where Gittarackur is standing and notice him picking up one of his pins.

"You are just dead weight, it will be easier to do this with you unconscious." He says, still emotionless. He flicks a pin in my direction. I have no time to react before I am out cold.

I wake up, slowly, a sharp pain piercing my neck as I move. I put my hand up to the left side of my neck to find a pin there. I quickly remove the pin from my neck, the drowsiness immediately disappearing. I look around before seeing something I definitely didn't expect.

'I'm being carried!?' I think to myself. I start panicking my heart rate gradually increasing, 'someone has kidnapped me this is exactly like last time'. I start to scream thrashing to get away from whatever is carrying me over it's shoulder.

My carrier quickly drops me to the floor, I look up to see who it is and remember what has become of me. I stare up at Gittarackur in disgust. "What the f*** do you want with me?!" I say, a little too timidly.

"The examiner said I was not allowed to kill you so this was the only way," he states, sounding rather annoyed.

I get up quickly, trying to act like I'm not freaking out inside. I don't think I'm doing a very good job, even though Gittarackur has a pretty indifferent face on he seems like he realizes I'm lying.

'No sh*t he realizes! You're not exactly good at keeping it under control' I think, mentally scolding myself.

He tilts his head sideways, staring at me, but instead of questioning me he simply starts walking. I get dragged along with him of course, lucky for me the chain is about 6 feet long so we can walk properly at least.

"Do everything I instruct and you may make it out alive," he says to me coldly.

"I thought you said you weren't allowed to kill me," I mumbled, annoyed.

He starts to walk ahead ignoring me. 'Damn. Why did I get stuck with the scary guy?' I think.

I start surveying my surroundings; it's a giant maze and Gittarackur doesn't seem to have any clue where we are going. 'Great,'

We turn a corner and find a dead end with a button on the middle wall. We pause there, wondering what might be the best option.

Before I can tell him it's probably not a good idea, he is already leaning to press the button. 'Please don't die please don't die,' I think to myself.

As soon as he presses the button, the walls around the dead end fall away, revealing narrow paths with holes and pitfalls around them. The voice starts to talk over the mic again. "Ah, so you both have made it to this path, this path relies on balance and caution. Good luck." He says. You can hear the laugh in his tone.   

"I think we should be very careful; we wouldn't want to fall." I say.

"Obviously," he says back coldly as he begins to walk on the first platform. The platforms are squares about 5 feet in width and length so there isn't a lot of room for error.

After he moves to the next platform, I follow on the first platform, trying to keep up with his pace. We stop at a cross section where we can either go right or left. Gittarackur chooses for us, again, and we go right.

'This isn't a very hard challenge, is it,' I think, but then Gittarackur steps on one of the many different platforms in front and it falls away. He starts to fall.

I rush over, grabbing his hand with my right hand and the edge of the platform I'm on with my left. I groan, 'Damn! He's a lot heavier than he looks!'

He looks shocked, I slowly pull him back up onto another platform. I stretch out my shoulder as it hurts from the strain of his weight.

He watches me, and to be honest, it's kind of freaking me out. "What!?" I ask, a bit too harshly.

"Why did you catch me?" He questions.

"Because unlike you, I don't really want anyone to die and I kinda need my hunter's license this year." 'Or else I'm going to starve.'

He still looks puzzled. "Plus if you had fallen, I would have too, and I'd rather not fall to my death if I can help it," I say, sighing.

His expression changes from puzzled to neutral again. "How peculiar. a young girl needing to save me."

I open my mouth in shock "h-how do you know I'm a girl?" I ask, surprised I was figured out. 

"It wasn't very hard, I carried you remember?" He says nonchalantly.

"What did you do to me when you carried me?!" I shout out in embarrassment; I can feel my face turning red.

I get no response which only fuels my discomfort.

"L-listen," I say hesitantly, "you can't tell anyone ok?" A bit of desperation in my tone.

"Why would it matter?" He asks, tilting his head. 

"That's my own business, just don't tell anyone ok!" I shout at him.

"Does it have something to do with you and your touching other people issue?"

'Shit this guy's perceptive'. I think. "I don't have a touching problem" I say not convincing myself.

"Then why did you thrash so much when you woke up with me carrying you?" He says, staring deeply into my eyes.

"Because that's the regular response when your knocked out and wake up being carried." I say frowning.

"Ok then." He says, reaching forward, quickly grabbing my hand. As soon as he touches me I recoil, cowering away. "You see." He says, emotionless.

"Well..." I struggle with something to say. "We should get going, Gittarackur. We have wasted enough time!" I say moving in front of him on the path.

Authors note: So I forgot to post this on Sunday so, here it is now!! Also I realize Gittarackur is a bit talkative and a little out of character but I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading! See you next week!