The Attic Chap. 4

(... Dedicated to my buddeh! If you guys like vampires, werewolves, action, and adventures then check out her stories. Trust me when i say that they are awesome! They will keep you wanting more! ^^ ...)

Vote and comment, enjoy!

~Shals <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Dylan, come to the board and solve the problem.” The teacher called out to me. I got up from my desk and went to the board. It was a simple math equation, but I couldn’t concentrate. My mind refused to think of anything else but Keith.

It had been a week since the last time I saw him. I knew that the articles I showed him had shaken him. If only there was a way to know if he’s ok, I mumbled to myself. After a few minutes of staring at the board, I finally solved the problem. Most of the class wasn’t even paying attention. Some where yawning and others were fast asleep. This was a support class after all, so it didn’t quite matter if we passed it or not.

“Thank you, Dylan. Class turn to page 450 and work the problems with a partner, I expect the cumulative test on my desk by the end of class.

The guy next to me smiled and scooted his desk next to mine. I furrowed my brow and just shook my head. He seemed a little too excited to work together, if you ask me.

“I’m Eric,” he extended his hand to me.

Isn’t it a little too late for introductions? I’ve been in this school for six months already, and now he decides to talk to me. “Dylan,” I nodded in acknowledgement; dismissing his hand.

“So, how do you like school so far? The town is pretty small, but it’s nice.” There was a small blush on his cheeks.

“It’s alright I guess,” I looked at the clock. Thirty minutes until class was over, and we had to work on fifty problems. Great, I thought to myself and sighed. I started working on the problems, but could feel Eric’s eyes on me. I looked up and caught him staring. There are times when I’m the densest person on the planet but this time was different. I knew he had a thing for me, because of the way his eyes seemed to twinkle when he looked at me.

Eric was an average guy; nothing interesting about him. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. It looked like he worked out, but the muscle definition wasn’t that great. He wore a football jacket, so that meant one think. Eric is a jock. He didn’t seem cocky like the other football players. He actually looked smart and like a nice guy, and if my mind wasn’t full of Keith then perhaps I would give Eric a second thought.

We worked in silence until the teacher said to turn in the test and that we were dismissed for the day. I grabbed my backpack and was about to leave when Eric stopped me halfway to the door. His hand was on my shoulder and there was a small blush on his cheeks. Eric waited until it was only us two in the room. He dropped his hand and smiled at me.

“I was wondering… would you like to hang out tonight?” His hands were in his jean pockets.

I wanted to get home to see if there was any sign that Keith had come in the day, but I didn’t want to be stuck at home all weekend. I didn’t exactly had friends in town, so hearing Eric ask me if I wanted to hang out was nice.

“Sure, Eric,” I smiled at him and we exchanged phone numbers and nodded as I left him with a big grin on his lips.

The walk home wasn’t that long, but it always helped me think. Would Keith come back? It had been a week already since the last time we talked. He had been really pissed when he left. It made me feel useless, because I couldn’t seem to calm him down. When I arrived home, I went straight to my room. Eric would call or text me when he would come pick me up.