Roko stopped when he realised no one was here, and he frowned. He was sure that the regulars ate here, under the largest sakura tree in the school grounds every day, so something had changed, but what?

Maybe they changed location because it was cold? True, it was approaching winter and it was notably colder than before, but not to the extent that it was bothersome. Or maybe they had left early for another reason? Maybe tennis training?

In truth Roko had no clue why they weren't here, and so he just mentally sighed in defeat, turning back to the school to the cafeteria. Maybe he could get some cake.

Rikkaidai Fuzoku School Corridors

Karupin ran.

He ran for his life, dodging in and out of the pesky humans' feet, and with the very angry shouts of the white-haired human behind him, followed by the calling shouts of the other humans, whose tone suggested they were also chasing after him.

He had not successfully escaped with his prized rodent, and after much screaming and struggling from the white-haired human - and shouts from the other humans - Karupin had decided that he should run. It wasn't a conscious decision, but for some reason when the white-haired human had thrown him off his head, Karupin decided he needed to run. Very fast.

Which is precisely what he did, slaloming between the screaming and confused humans, which only made the task of escape more difficult for him. He could sense the white-haired human getting closer, and so he madly picked up his speed.

"Get back here you evil rodent!" he heard the white-haired human scream. Karupin only ran faster at his demand, knowing that his life probably depended on not getting captured. He noticed a door was ajar in front of him, and he made a sharp turn into it and ran into the room.

Karupin paid no attention to the room, only the conveniently opened window in front of him, right next to a conveniently placed tree. He picked up speed and made a mad jump for freedom for the window. He landed and quickly jumped again to the tree, suddenly feeling something brush against his fur in mid-air, but only barely. He landed on the branch of the tree, and steadied himself before turning back to the window to stare into the hate-filled eyes of the white-haired human.

"You little fur ball!" he roared in fury, "Get back here so I can shave you bald!"

Karupin had no idea what the human was saying, but he could get the gist by the tone of his voice. The six other humans were stood behind him, all looking at him with a degree of shock and amusement, especially from the closed-eye one. Karupin gave a loud meow of triumph, and the white-haired human seemed to stop, the anger melting from his face, much to Karupin's confusion.

"Oy, that's not a rodent, that's a cat, puri~" he said in his outlandish tongue, and turned to a human that Karupin dimly recognized, but he wasn't sure where.

"Wakame, you said it was a racoon"

"Well how was I supposed to know what it was, Niou-senpai?" the other human protested, and Karupin lost interest in the humans' conversation. He turned and walked to the edge of the tree branch, leaping to a lower branch and then to another, and then onto the ground in one swift movement.

"Oy, get back here!" he heard distantly, but ignored it, walking away in search of his second master. He decided he wanted to go back to his masters' domain.

Rikkaidai Fuzoku School Corridors

Yagyuu was a gentleman, which meant he did not laugh at other people's misery. But there was something about the fact that a cat attacked Niou's rat tail, and how enraged he got over it that amused Yagyuu to no end, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to contain his laughter.