The Tabby Cat Outside My Door

It was unnaturally cold that Saturday night and Frank fucking hates it. But Frank cannot blame it wholly to the changing seasons because, what the fuck, it's always cold in New Jersey and he lives here since he was seven when her mother settled in this state for good after his parents divorced. So Frank is very familiar with the Jersey weather and he's so goddamn used to it and usually unaffected by it.

But tonight, there's something in the way the cold seeping through his skin. Frank knows it is because it only reflects what he feels inside – inside his heart.

Frank feels so cold.

And that is very odd to feel, not when he is cuddling with his Gerard, his arm over Frank's stomach and Gerard's head is comfortably resting on his chest. He always feels warm whenever Gerard is beside him. Actually, ever since the day Gerard came to his life, he had brought Frank warmth, comfort, and colours to his life.

But tonight, all Frank can feel is this chill that shakes his very core and it is slowly crawling out and going to every nerve in his body – it is that chilling fear that Mikey will take Gerard away from him anytime. Frank can't imagine a life without Gerard. And just thinking that he'll spend his days alone again in this dark, cold apartment makes his heart breaks and his eyes sting painfully.

Frank heaved a sad sigh, closing his eyes tight to block his tears from leaking. There's a huge lump stuck in his throat too and Frank couldn't speak. But when he felt that everything that runs inside his mind are just too fucking much to handle, he heard himself let out a choke sob. And Frank wept silently, and it's good that Gerard is sleeping because he doesn't want his kitten to see how broken he is right now.

Frank's mind is spinning and all these sudden information area too much for him to take:

First is learning that Gerard is Mikey's brother and Gerard's family is looking for him. But Gerard appears to not remember his brother.

Second is the confirmation to what is bugging Frank's mind ever since he got Gerard and that he is indeed a man and the reality is that there's a soul – a soul of a certain magical cat named Arthur that is trapped inside his body. Frank doesn't even believe in magic. But looking at his cat's existence, he'll be stupid if he will choose not to believe it. And it is magic that what causes Gerard to change to a cat and then to a man with a pair of black fluffy cat ears and tail.

And lastly, Christa told him that they need to give Gerard his old life back. That Gerard isn't supposed to live his life this way – as someone who keeps on transforming to become a cat and then back to his human form but with the addition of cat ears and tail.

What is worse is why he even suggested that he'll talk to Christa and Mikey again so they can tell him about Gerard's story? Now, Frank totally regrets it because he doesn't even want to see them. All Frank wants right now is to stay like this – in his bed while Gerard is softly sleeping by his side.

If only they can stay like this forever.

With shaky hand, Frank softly strokes Gerard's soft, pale cheeks with his thumb before he threads his fingers through his silky, bright, red hair and then petting him gently. Gerard is snoring softly, his pink lips parted a little bit while his cheeks are oddly very pale right now. Frank didn't even know how long Gerard cried on his shoulder today. He just wept in his arms until he got tired and fell asleep. And as his kitten cried hard, he repeatedly begged Frank not to let other people take him away from him. He also cried as he pressed gentle kisses on Frank's lips. He also repeatedly mentioned that Frank should keep his promise to him.

And Frank has no plans of breaking it.

In a few hours, Christa and Mikey will arrive and Frank didn't know how to interact with them. Christa is his good friend, but Mikey is a different case. Remembering the look on Mikey's face, Frank could now see some striking similarities between him and Gerard. And he still can't believe that Mikey is Gerard's brother – and that Gerard is really a man.