The Capture

*Zayn*

"Prince Zayn, wake up!" My servant exclaimed. "Madame Drew is gone!"

I shot out of bed immediately. "Gone?!" I asked in shock. "What do you mean?"

The young girl was shaking in fear, like Drew did often. "Her father sent word that they d-discovered that she wasn't h-home this morning. Nobody c-can f-find her, Your Highness."

"Fuck..." I muttered, holding my head in my hands. "Send Michael in as soon as you can." I ordered. She scurried out in search of Michael. Michael is one of our most trusted guards and an excellent warrior.

I threw on some clothes and ran my hands through my hair. Michael came to my room shortly after.

"We need to discuss this with your parents, Zayn." He told me. He's one of the few people that can call me that. It's mainly him, my parents, my friends, and of course Drew. We went down into the meeting room, where my parents and our other high guards were.

"We've come up with two conclusions." My father said. "It's either the werewolves or the witches. I hope it's the witches, because the werewolves are harder to figure out."

"We sent someone to take photographs of her room. Her parents said it was destroyed. Her things were strewn everywhere and wallpaper was peeling from the walls. It was horrible." Mum explained, making my stomach drop.

"It could've been humans that took her." Michael suggested

"I doubt it." My father disagreed. "The humans aren't stupid. They have no power over us. They wouldn't do something so foolish."

"She could've staged a kidnapping." Another guard spoke up. "Maybe she just ran away to escape the marriage and destroyed her bedroom to make it look like she was kidnapped."

"No, that isn't what happened." I said firmly. "She knows if she were to run away or kill herself, her family would pay the price. She wouldn't do this intentionally."

"But-"

"Zayn knows the girl." My mother cut him off. "He knows what he's talking about."

"Very well." The guard sighed.

"So what are we going to do?" Mum asked them all. "I think the werewolves are responsible. Esmeralda was ill a couple days ago. I doubt the witches would do anything drastic while she's not well." Esmeralda was the ruler of the witches. She fell ill four days ago.

"I say we ambush the hideouts. All of them." I said. "Kill anybody you have to. Kill everyone that you can. Leave no living werewolf behind. Tell the rest of the soldiers that."

"Zayn, you can't act so quickly about this." My father scolded me.

"I can and I will." I growled. "If they mess with Drew, they mess with me."

***

I busted through yet another door. We've been doing this for days. Angry werewolves were on the other side, ready to fight. We killed each of them easily. I had a deep cut down my arm, but it healed within seconds.

I saw a silver haired wolf. He had gold eyes, a sign of royalty in the werewolf world. I grabbed him by the throat and pinned him against the wall. He whimpered like a dog before turning into human form.

"Where is she?" I growled venomously.

"We already killed her." He said gruffly, not able to get enough air. I knew it wasn't true, since every werewolf I asked gave me a different answer.

"Where the fuck is she?" I asked one last time.

"Dead." He smirked. I delivered a swift punch to his gut before releasing him. He fell onto the floor and vomited blood before dying.

"Search the desks." I ordered, going through the rest of this hideout. They all had prison cells. I found several humans locked in them. Of course, I released them all.

"Your Majesty, we found a new map." A guard told me. I took the paper from him. It wasn't torn or wrinkled, showing that it was important. It looked and smelled new.

"We'll follow that path." I told them. We continued searching the hideout, but found nothing new. We followed the map and ended up at another hideout. Of course, we burst in and slaughtered everyone as usual. This hideout was larger than the others and had more wolves.

I went straight to the cells after we killed the werewolves easily. I broke all the locks but stopped a young girl to question her before they could all run away. She looked terrified.

"Have you seen a girl, about your age, here?" I asked her.

"I-I did." She nodded nervously. "The girl had brown hair, but that's all I could tell. They took her to the last cell. It's completely blocked off, so I couldn't see inside."

"What is your father's name and what district are you from?" I asked her. Her family would definitely get rewarded for her immediate cooperation.

"James Barclay from District 8." She told me.

"You're free to go, Miss Barclay." I told her. She hurried away, eager to get out of this hell hole.

I went to the last cell. It was boarded up, so you couldn't see inside it. The door was heavily locked. It took me and two other guards to pry it open. Once we got in, I saw an empty room.

"There's nothing here!" The guards exclaimed.

I saw that the floor was covered in pine needles. I bent down and moved them around. The floor beneath it was wooden. I felt around on the ground until I bumped my hand on a handle.

"I found something." I told them. I brushed the straw out of the way and discovered a hatch, big enough for a person to climb down. I tugged the handle and opened it. Inside was pitch dark. "A light." I told them. A flashlight was given to me, so I could descend down.

I shone the light down and saw a ladder. I tested it before putting all my weight on it and could tell it was sturdy. I climbed down and swept the light across the room. The floor was stone, so I doubt there are anymore secret hatches.

A wooden door was on the other side of the room. It had a lock on it, that needed a key to be unlocked. I looked around and couldn't find the key. In frustration, I kicked the door frame. Something fell to the floor with a clink. It was the keys, of course. Why didn't I think to look above the door first?

There was only one rusty key. I nervously put it in the keyhole and turned it. The locked clicked and I opened the door. It was pitch black inside this room too. I let my flashlight illuminate the room.

I saw blanket thrown on the floor and a pillow. Nothing else caught my eye until I noticed a figure in the corner. It was a small girl, curled up in a ball. I immediately recognized the girl.

"Drew!" I yelled. I dropped the flashlight and ran into the room. I lifted her up bridal style. She was panicking and desperately trying to get away from me. "Drew, please calm down. It's me: Zayn. I won't hurt you." I whispered. She calmed down but was still extremely tense and I could feel her heart racing.

The guards were shining their lights in our faces, much to my annoyance. "Three of you go back to the palace. Tell everyone that we found her. She's safe." I ordered sternly.

"Zayn," Drew's weak voice said, "are they gone?"

"They're gone, love. I promise." I assured her. "Can you climb up the ladder after me?" I asked her. She nodded. I set her down on her feet. I climbed up the ladder and into the boarded up cell. "Get rid of all the corpses so Drew doesn't see them." I told Michael quietly. I don't want her thinking I'm a cold-hearted murderer. He rushed to carry out my orders.

Drew was slowly ascending up the ladder. I extended my hand the help her up. She took it, obviously very weak.

"You haven't eaten." I stated. The light showed how skinny she was now. She had been missing for six days. I noticed bruises all over her. "What the hell is this?" I asked, grazing my fingers over the ones on her arm. I could tell she didn't want to talk about this with guards surrounding us, eager to hear the details. I decided to drop it for now. "I'll carry you home, okay? I'm a vampire, so I can run fast. Really fast. We'll be home before you know it." I told her, picking her up bridal style again. We were at the palace in a matter of seconds. I set her on my bed.

"Doctors! We need doctors!" I yelled down the hallway. I heard everyone rushing around, trying to sort everything out. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

She nervously glanced at my open bedroom door. I realized what she wanted and closed it. I sat beside her, not sure what to say next.

"They beat me." She held her head in her hands.

"They what?" I asked, clenching my fists.

"And they r-raped me." She said and burst into tears.

"Bloody hell!" I yelled. "I want every fucking werewolf on the damned planet dead! I'll kill every single one of them with my own bare hands!"

"P-Please stop." She begged me. I could sense how terrified she was. I pulled her into my lap and held her tightly.

"I'm so so sorry, sweetheart. I'm just angry at them. I didn't mean to scare you. I won't do anything they did to you ever. You don't have to be scared of me." I whispered. She buried her head in my chest and sobbed. She was shaking in fear. I held her tightly, not sure what else to do.

What should I do? Kill every werewolf on this planet? That wouldn't make Drew feel any better. She would be terrified of me.

"Some doctors are gonna come." I explained. The least I can do is let her know what's going on. "They'll take a look at you and fix whatever they can." A thought occurred to me. "I'm gonna go take care of something. I'll be back right away, I promise. I'll only be gone a moment." I said, getting off the bed. I walked down the hallway and saw the doctors coming. It was four of them, two men and two women.

"You two," I pointed at the men, "you aren't needed. Dismissed." I ordered. They walked away in confusion before I sent the other two doctors in.

After she's been through six days of abuse and rape, I doubt she would want a man looking anywhere at her body or touching her.

I followed the women into the bedroom. They just looked at her arms, legs, head, back, and stomach. She had a lot of bruises, but nothing too bad. I'm surprised it wasn't worse. The wolves are cruel.

Once the doctors were gone, I sat next to Drew on the bed again. She seemed to have calmed down, but her thoughts told me she was internally freaking out.

"Why did they do it?" She asked me, her voice barely audible.

I sighed. I knew exactly why they did it. "Because of me." I told her. "The werewolves hate pretty much everybody, but vampires especially. They heard about us from somebody. They figured they could probably get something out of it if they kidnapped you. I guess they expected me to break down and give them whatever they wanted to get you back. It didn't happen, though."

"So this is your fault." She said coldly.

I opened my mouth to disagree, then closed it. I have nothing to argue back with. She's right. It's my fault that this happened to her.

She got off the bed and made a beeline for the door. I easily beat her to it and stood in her way.

"Move." She ordered, trying to push me out of the way and failing. She stepped back and crossed her arms. I could tell I was getting on her last nerve, but I can't just let her get lost in the castle.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked, my voice sounded harsher than intended.

"Away from you." She replied without even thinking.

"You're mad at me for saving your life?" I threw my hands up in confusion. She cringed and put her arms up, as if to guard her face. I stared at her for a moment, trying to fudger out what she was doing. Then I realized. "You thought I was gonna hit you." I stated.

"Well, after six days of getting hit and punched every time I said anything, it comes naturally." She defended herself.

"Look, you can walk around the castle if you want to. But let Niall come with you. Remember him, from the ball? He came to help search for you. I just don't want to getting lost. He knows his way around." I explained calmly.

"Whatever." She mumbled.

Ah, just when I thought we were getting somewhere.