16

Darry had been pretty hard on himself since Pony and Johnny had ran away been pretty hard on himself thinking everything that had happened was his fault. We all tried to reason with him, but he wouldnt have it. I haven't gone to visit Ponyboy or Johnny and neither has Dally. Soda is really sad and depressed he just wants his family to be alright. No one except Dal and me know where Pony and Johnny are, no one knows we know. The less the better.

I walk in and see Soda holding Dal by his shirt. "Tell me where they are," Dal denies knowing anything and Soda begins threatening him. He raises his fist to punch him.

"Soda!" I yell rushing over.

"No! He knows where they arent and isnt telling us,"

"Doesn't mean you need to punch him!"

"Pony and Johnny are in danger and you're protecting your little crush, who will never like you back! You're pathetic! Pony could be dead. Johnny could be dead! But look at you! Don't you care about them?!!" Soda yells.

That hurt, I care more about Johnny and Ponyboy than anyone ever. I thought I could trust him, I've had many people betray me and when I finally thought i could trust him, he betrays me. I know I'm over reacting but that could ruin my whole friendship with Dal, him knowing I like him. And as weird as it sounds I'd rather be friends with him then him knowing I like him and ignoring me.

"If he knows maybe it's for the best! Think if the police had you questioning you'd crack under pressure and Pony and Johnny could go to jail! For life! And if you think I don't care about them you must be one dumb fuck, I fucking care about them more than anyone!" I yell, my voice hoarse.

Soda looks taken aback, I dont bother waiting for a reply and leave. I didn't really need to blow up like that it was excessive, but everything has been crashing down on me lately, Dick has been extra harsh with his beatings, the guy who raped me is getting out of prison soon, the whole Johnny and Pony fiasco. Everyone is different. Socs are getting more territorial and dangerous, jumping more often.

I didn't even realized i walked into my house until Dick pulled me by the ear and slammed me against a table. I pushed away but that just seemed to make him even more mad. He smashed my head against the table hard and I cursed somewhat loud. Just then the door opened with a loud BAM!

Dallys Pov (yes i did)

She likes me? She can do so much better. Why me? I'm not complaining, shes perfect everything about her. Shes so tough, shes beautiful, not like the skanky girls I hook up with, she almost too perfect.

I barely hear what she says to Soda. I watch her rush out and push Soda out of my way. I follow her to her house getting ready to knock. I hear a bang and Addie curse. I look through the window and see a man slamming her head down on a table.. I break the door open and push the man off her.

Adelaide's POV

Dal rushes inside and pushes Dick off of me the punches him, a few more times, then he grabs me and rushes out the door.

"Addie," He says, sadness in his eyes.

"Dallas."

"Addie why didn't you tell me,"

"Theres nothing to tell,"

"Addie," he says now mad.

"Does he do that often,"

I hesitantly nod my head.

"You're not going back there,"

"I have no where to go Dal!"

"You'll stay with me at Buck's or at the Curtis's,"

"Yea, I'm pretty sure Soda hates me,"

"He doesnt hate you," Dal says, "Do you really like me?"

I don't speak at all. I regret looking back because I see his stupid smirk.

"Fuck off,"

"Babbyyyyy," Dal whines. I literally almost died when he called me baby.

"Where are we going?"

"To see Johnny and Pony,"

"Really?"

"Yea, Soda cooled off and gave me a letter to give them,"

A/N lmao sorry that was really bad, i suck at writing