Chapter 15

You and Hiccup were always the best partners. You two would always think the same ideas and unique inventions. There were even many times when you two would beat Dagur with just Toothless and a shield.

Before Toothless came into the picture, there was a time where it didn't feel like a duo anymore. You offered to train Hiccup when everyone was around the bonfire with their meal in their hands and Gobber was telling one of his adventures. This particular story about the lost of his missing limbs.

After Gobber had said something about a dead dragon, Hiccup went up and left. Only you noticed his departure. You followed, of course, to see what was the matter. You knocked on his door gently. The was the sound of ruckus from the other side of the door before he answered.

"Hiccup, I just want to help you." You took a deep breath. "I know how frustrating it seems to be when you it looks like you don't fit in, so I want to help. I want to help train you into the best viking you want to be."

You jolted when you saw the door open revealing Hiccup. "Uh, hey [Name], I'm kinda busy doing my own thing at the moment. I'm not worried about training." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, well, it won't hurt to try," you insisted. You really wanted to make it up to him. You thought he would understand your reasoning.

"Please, no, [Name]. It's already enough that I have others saying I'm a nuisance, I don't want to hear it from you, too." After he said that, he closed the door firmly.

I'm sorry, [Name], I have to do this alone.

~.~.~

For the rest of the day, you didn't bother Hiccup or have any interaction with him.

How do I approach Hiccup and show him that he doesn't have to go through this alone?

Thanks to your training, you managed to climb on top of the many vacant houses and watch Hiccup from a tower where he was at. You would've joined Hiccup and the others if it wasn't for your younger self being there. You didn't want to be in obvious pain around Hiccup when he already has so much to worry about. You heard voices but couldn't understand what they were saying because you were quiet a ways away.

It's not like you need to hear what they say anyways. You remember the conversation well enough. You remember Gobber telling about how he lost his foot and hand. Then, something about the dragons' weaknesses.

A downed dragon is a dead dragon, you repeated in your thoughts.

It wasn't hard to remember especially when Toothless was a reminder every time you saw him.

You saw Hiccup get up and leave a one point rushing down the stairs but what caught your eye was Astrid taking an interest in his exit. You don't remember Astrid being there to watch Hiccup go.

Something's different.

You followed Hiccup into the forge but only to stop in pain. You breathed heavily as you hid behind a pillar of the forge outside seeing your younger self was already there.

"Hiccup? I just want to talk to you, please," you heard your past say.

There was no answer and no noise as well.

You heard a sigh. "I'm just getting worried is all. Everyone has been talking about this girl and I haven't even seen her. No one knows of her background saying she just appeared out of no where."

There was still no answer.

You heard a sigh once more. "I'm sorry, Hiccup. I just needed to rant is all." Then, your past self left.