Anger

If it's what you truly want ... I can wear her skin over mine. Her hair over mine. Her hands as gloves. Her teeth as confetti. Her scalp, a cap. Her sternum, my bedazzled cane. We can pose for a photograph, all three of us. Immortalized ... you and your perfect girl.

I don't know when love became elusive. What I know is, no one I know has it. My father's arms around my mother's neck, fruit too ripe to eat. I think of lovers as trees ... growing to and from one another. Searching for the same light.

Why can't you see me? Why can't you see me? Why can't you see me? Everyone else can.

Onika
"Bey where's your husband?" I asked. She froze. We were getting ready to go out we were almost ready I just needed to finish my makeup.

"I don't know and I really don't care"

"Why not?"

"We aren't together anymore" she shrugged.

"Weren't y'all just drunk in love?" I asked. She nodded applying highlighter.

"Yes, but I'm not drunk anymore"

"Well have you damaged any of his stuff yet?" I grabbed the brush that she was using.

"No. Should I?"

"Come on Bey you gotta live out the cliche at least once. Bleach he's clothes bust his car windows do something"

"I mean I could smash the records on his walls"

"See now we getting somewhere"

"Would you come with me?" She asked stepping back from the mirror.

"Of course"

"You look really, really good" she said slowly

"You look really, really good" she said slowly. I followed her eyes and smiled to myself.

"Thanks but how's my face?" I joked.

"Oh, that looks good too" she shrugged. I looked her over body. Damn them thighs thick. They look soft too. Don't get me started on that ass. The things daddy would do to her. Wait Onika stop. You got girlfriend,...named...named umm Lauren. Yeah Lauren. I think. I would much rather Beyoncé.