4. Been a Long Time Since I Rock and Rolled

Start from the beginning

They played a few more songs, a mix of covers and originals. I went to the restroom to fix myself. I felt like I was already bathing in my own sweat so I removed my long sleeves and tied it around my waist. I undid my braid and put my hair in a loose bun.

I started looking for the boys again, 'Stay in a place where I could see you'. But he was the missing one. Typical. I couldn't just rely on what Saul said, could I?

"Hey Emilia! Over here!" I turned to see Duff from the tables VIP's. He waved his hand without much effort.

"Hi Duffelita!" I gleamed, looking at him from head to toe. "You look swell, Duffelita!" I gestured to his pretty face and punk outfit.

Duff did a fake puking. "That nickname seriously stinks, girl. You're just jealous with the way I look tonight, you could use a little make up," he said with a sass.

"Yeah, yeah," I scoffed. I looked over to the others who didn't notice I was there because they all had girls sitting on their laps, except for Steven who jumped out to give me a hug.

"Emmy! Emmy! I'm so glad you made it!" Steven hugged me so tightly that I was lifted a few inches before he put me down. "Did you see what I did back there, Em? Tell me! Did I do great?"

"Absolutely, Stevie! You're the best!"

I gave him my two thumbs up and we hugged again.

"Aww, what about me?" Duff whined.

"You did great too. All of you did, to be fair."

"Come on let's sit with them! I've been itching for another drink."

The table where Saul, Izzy, Axl and the girls seated was packed. So the three of us just sat at the table very close to them.

"Hi guys! I just wanna say you were utterly amazing back there! And thanks for playing one of my favorite jam!" I also acknowledged the presence of their company. I hadn't met any of the girls before but I had no right to be rude to them by ignoring them.

"Imma go get a beer. What do you fellas want?" Steven asked.

"You know what to get me, Popcorn" Duff said.

"What about you, Em?"

"I dunno, I had a sandwich and a Pepsi before I went here..."

"Please, Emmy! I swear it'll be my treat... anything you want!"

"Mmmm... how about an Orange Juice?"

"Seriously?!" Duff and Steven cried.

"I'll choose for you, love," Steven suggested. "I'll be right back." He soon left to get our drinks.

Duff got up and said, "I better go with him to make sure he don't crash the bartender's head again."

"Okay. I'll just be right here." Now I sat alone while them at the other table seemed to be having fun, I wanted to go to them and mingle but it would be like intruding. So I just put my elbows on the table and slouched.

"Emilia! I almost didn't recognize you!" Axl said out of the blue and all their heads, including the girls' were in my direction. "Why aren't ya wearing your short n' sexy costume, eh girly?"

"I had to do something more important. That's why I didn't go to work today. And because I didn't go to work, I'm not wearing the "costume."" I said as a matter-of-factly.

Axl didn't looked pleased at all. We recently been on each other's throats. The reason? The early morning, after the night they came back from the West Coast tour, they did some rehearsals in the apartment-- after my shift at the BeerHouse, I was cleaning the mess they made, Axl tried getting his hands into my pants when the rest were too drunk too notice -- he was lucky I kicked him on his leg-- not on his part where the sun doesn't shine. I didn't tell the others because he was obviously pissed drunk as them. It was mostly possible he wouldn't remember what he tried to do.

"Very well... just so you know you look horrible in those clothes. Makes me think that you're a dyke for all this time," he smirked. The girl he was with giggled and they started making out right in front of us.

"Ax, I think you've drank a bit too much," I heard Izzy say.

"Heck no. I'm perfectly aware of what I'm saying," Axl let go of his girl to talk to me. "Listen Emily," he said, pointing his finger to me, "You're hot when you wear your waitress attire and I wouldn't mind having you... the guys here wouldn't mind to... the only problem is you don't like being touched by guys, right Slash? She don't like guys!"

I face-palmed and sighed. "Izzy could be right, Axl. You're probably wasted."

"See, she's changing the subject! She's in denial! Our lil' Emilia likes girls Mmhmm!" Axl shouted. "I think I'm wanting to see some girl to girl action, shit that would be so hot ... you know Em, my girl Tifanny here can help you out... isn't that right babe?"

I was so much tempted to charge at Axl. I wasn't really offended since I was considered as a tomboy in my teenage years. I grew up playing rough with my brothers-- too much of watching pro wrestling like NWA you see. But Axl had no right to say those things to me or to anyone as if being like that is a bad thing. He was so mean. I saw Saul nudge him and he shut up and glared at me.

Steven and Duff came back with our drinks. Thank God.

"What took you guys so long?" I asked.

"I forgot your poison, girl. So I just ordered a Tequila Sunrise for you," Steven said with a smile.

"Thank you so much, Steve..."

Duff left us to go to the others. Apparently there was a girl waiting for him.

I looked at the glass of the reddish-orange mixture Steven brought me.

"Emmy, what's with the face?" Steven asked, pulling me to him. "Is something troubling you?"

"It's nothing. I'm just nervous, I think," I put my head on his shoulder.

"You didn't murder your friggin' manager, did you? Darl, I know he's a dick but---"

"What are you talking about?" I laughed because his expression was dead serious. "I took an exam to see if I could go to a two-year college and I'm just thinking of the results."

"I'm sure you'll make it. You were a straight A student... you were, before you met me and Slash."

"Haha. That's true. I think you guys were a bad influence, " I joked. "Anyhow, I'll come back in a week to see if I made it. Odd is that the professor who supervised us said something to me after the exam... He said I could get into one of the college's scholarship grants... all I have to do is pass another exam!"

"See?! You already made it, coming from the teacher himself!" Steven playfully wink. "I'm so proud of you, Em!"

I giggled when Steven kissed my cheek. He had no facial hair but it still tickled.

"Thanks, Steve," I raised my glass of cocktail and had a taste. "Mmmm this is good."

Steven dragged me to the table where everyone was. "Guys! We all should make a toast for our college girl, Em! Yay!"

"You passed the exam?" Saul asked.

"Not yet but I'm gonna find out next week." I said shyly.

"You're gonna make it, I swear. I know," Saul smiled and raised his bottle of JD. "Congrats Em."

Everybody in the group followed him. And I said thanks to them. I thought I'd leave being kicked out of the bar for giving Axl a piece of mind but my plan of attacking him never happened. Credits to Steven for easing up the tension.