Chapter 18

Addison was excited to get this day done and over with. School wasn't all that bad. She dropped by early, yet again to speak with the Dean and let her know that she had more issues as of last evening. She also noticed that Kyle was absent from all of her classes that day. That couldn't have made her any happier. Nathan was going to be happy to hear all about that. It's too bad he was working late tonight but then again, it did give her time to catch up on some of her studies. Maybe she'd even call Krissy and her parents before they left Rhode Island and headed to California to find her.

Addison headed home, after classes. She was eager to have some time by herself. She locked the door as soon as she got through the door. Nathan didn't let her go easy that morning and would most likely have a cow if he discovered that she hadn't done as he asked. He was so sweet and protective of her. She found herself missing Krissy. She picked up her phone and dialed.

“It's about time you called!” She told her best friend. Addison couldn't help but laugh. “So what's this I'm hearing about a stalker creep?”

“You've been talking to Kurt haven't you?” She asked Kris.

“Don't change the subject.” Krissy warned her. “What's up with that?”

“I don't know. Apparently I have an obsessive kind of look?” She began. “Ah hell Kris, I don't know what goes on in their heads. I'm here for a week and the second week begins and this guy has the gall to push himself on me.”

“Does that mean you'll be coming home any time soon?” Krissy asked in a hopeful tone.

“I'm sorry sweetie but I think my heart is here now.” She told her.

“Alright. Who is he and what the hell?” Krissy asked her. Addison had to laugh out loud. “Please tell me it's Nathan. I knew that you two had the hots for each other.”

“It is Nathan.” Addison fessed up.

“Details!” Krissy ordered.

“Sorry sweetie but what happens in the sheets stays there.” Addison no sooner realized she should have used a slightly different choice of words.

“WHAT?!? Have you two? You know?” Krissy asked.

“I'm not talking any more. Look, I wanted to call and see how you were and let you know that everything was fine but I do have to let you go sweetie.” Addison bid Krissy farewell and told her not to worry.

It was eleven o'clock. Nathan didn't think he'd be getting home this late. He unlocked Addison's front door with the key that she left him the day before. He put his bag down, took off his shoes and walked into the living-room where he heard the TV on low. He found Addison curled up with one of her textbooks, snoring softly. He grabbed her book and moved it to the side. He loved the way she looked as she slept. He couldn't help himself and push the strand of hair that had fallen into her face.

“Nate?” She whispered practically still sleeping.

“I'm here, Baby.” He whispered back. He saw her sleepy eyes open slowly and her mouth turn up into a smile for him. She sat up slowly and gestured for him to sit next to her.

“How was your day?” She asked him.

“Better now that I'm home.” He told her as he kissed her lightly on the cheek. “How was yours?” She proceeded to let him know that she had spoke with the Dean again and that there were no events to report for the day. Nathan gave her a smile but knew better than to think this was completely over. Guys like Kyle don't give up that easily and he knew that Addison was aware of that.