He was only going on missions and spending time with other people because of me, only because I was trying to get him to move on, and he doesn't want to disappoint me. He was still snappy and irritable to everyone, except Damien and I.

Damien and I were only successful in getting him to move on with his life, as in moving on with completing missions and training newbies. Not move on as in, reduce the crying and control the flashbacks.

But I was determined to help. Determined to help him see that he doesn't need Scarlett to live his life, also to help him see that he can be happy again, even if it's without Scarlett.

~-~

H A R R Y 🔫

"Harry," Liam greeted me with a soft and sympathetic smile. I was caught off-guard when he immediately pulled me into a warm embrace, which I reluctantly accepted, swinging my arms around him loosely.

"Li," I sighed sadly, leaning my chin on his shoulder for a few seconds before we broke the hug.

"How're you holding up, mate?" He asked me, hands clasping my shoulders.

"Not so great," I told him honestly. There was no point in lying to Liam. He gazed at me with the look everyone gave me. Pity. I hated it.

"Don't give me that look," I couldn't help but snap all of a sudden, causing him to drop his hands in surprise.

"S-Sorry," he stuttered, talking a step back. I cursed under my breath, looking away.

"Ugh, fuck, I'm sorry Liam. I-It's just been hard," I exhaled heavily, staring down at my feet as I spoke.

"It's okay," he told me, patting my arm before grabbing his clipboard. "I have to check up on the squirrel monkeys to see if they're ready for testing, wanna come?" he offered a small smile, which I nodded to, following him out of the room.

"Liam, can I ask you something?" I questioned, while gazing at all the sad little monkeys staring at me curiously while we walked down the hall of cages.

"Sure," he answered, while ticking things off his clipboard.

"That thing you put in Scarlett's body, Adamantium. X-02," I spoke quietly and hesitantly, causing Liam to stop in his tracks, before turning around to look at me.

"Yeah, what about that?"

"Could Scarlett have survived with that in her? Like isn't it supposed to be invincible or something," I asked with curiosity. This was something that had been on my mind lately, but I was too occupied with myself to actually go to Liam and ask him about it.

"I wish I could tell you that she survived with X-O2 in her bones, but truth is I really don't think so," he told me with a sympathetic frown, causing my heart to fall.

"Why not? You told me it was indestructible," I demanded, anger boiling inside of me like lava.

"Hey, I'm sorry Harry. But when we injected Scarlett with X-02, it was newly discovered. We didn't know much about it. X-02 was something I worked on in my past time so I never paid much attention to it. I didn't get to do more research on it, or test it out on animals and then humans. Nothing. All I knew was that it had healing abilities and was highly durable. I never got the time to check whether it was really indestructible."

"A month after Scarlett's recovery, Ford asked me to create more Adamantium and different forms of it. During this process, I realized what I had injected with Scarlett was Adamantium Earth-1610. It was the first form of Adamantium I created. Unlike its other forms such as Proto-Adamantium and Adamantium Beta, the Earth-1610 one isn't indestructible. Meaning it can break," he told me, causing my heart to fall even further.