“Maybe I shouldn’t be drinking.” She joked. Nathan laughed lightly. He crouched down and couldn’t help but eye her legs as he tried to sweep up the broken shards of glass into the dustpan. He wiped up whatever last bit of wine was left on the patio stone that hadn’t been absorbed and then helped Addison hop to the outdoor couch under the gazebo. He made her sit down.

Nathan lifted her leg and ran his fingers down softly from her thigh to her knee, until he got a hold of her foot. His touch felt like a nice long and soft caress, to Addison. She gulped as he proceeded with cleaning out the shards of glass, disinfecting and then bandaging her wound. He had a tender touch.

“There you go. Good as new.” He said still lightly rubbing her shin.

“Thanks.” Addison said almost at a whisper. Her mouth had begun to water. Nathan looked at her and smiled. He still hadn’t put her leg back down, in fact, he was now tracing various circular patterns with his finger tips as he slowly moved his hand up to her knee and then back down again. Addison took her leg back slowly and realized his touch was still lingering on her skin after several seconds. She was slightly disappointed that it faded and she found herself instantly craving more. Nathan turned his body toward hers and studied her face. Addison felt herself blush as she smiled at him.

She didn’t pull away. He thought to himself. She put a hand on his knee and leaned in as she brushed her lips to his cheek lightly and then pulled away. Something told him that she doesn’t do that often. Perhaps it was the slight bit of hesitation in her kiss that told him that.

“Can I get you another one?” He broke the silence.

“Let’s go inside. I’m getting a little cold out here.” She answered softly. “But yes, I’ll have another one.” She perked up.

Addison couldn’t believe that she had done that. She wasn’t the type of girl to go around kissing guys, even if it was to extend a thank you. She knew his touch awoke something in her when he rubbed her sunscreen into her back earlier but she never thought twice about it all afterward. It was just some sexy scene. It’s in the movies all the time. She told herself. With him trying to nurse her foot, she could have sat there and watched him for hours, as he pleasured her leg lightly with his fingertips. He was so tender and caring and that stirred something inside her. Aside from the fantasies rolling through her mind, she couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something more to this guy than she knew; something deeper than he was letting on. That’s why she kissed him lightly on the cheek. Testing the waters. She claimed.

Now they were sitting on the couch in the living-room. She wished she had brought a few DVD's along with her seeing as she hadn't gotten around to get the cable guy to come by yet. So they were forced to sit there and talk. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing seeing as they barely knew each other.

“So, I have to say that I was surprised to see you at the beach today.” Addison started. Nathan looked at her and took a sip from his glass of wine.

“Why's that?” He asked.

“Because no one works a weekend afternoon and gets off early. Especially when you’re a cop.” She looked at him with flirty suspicion in her eyes. Nate blushed slightly. She was sizing him up.

“Alright, well I have a confession.” Addison leaned in toward him to show more interest and a skeptical look on her face as to show him, that she'll call him out on if she thinks he's twisting the truth.

“Truth is, I left early because I was worried about what Kurt would do to Krissy.”

“You lie!” She laughed lightly.