ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

"Do you really think that?" Benjamin Clawhauser, the mammal designated to sit at the front desk at the ZPD, asked the smaller predator in disbelief.

"Yeah, I mean.....he doesn't seem like the nicest guy in the world." Nick said, shoving his hands in his pockets as he stared up at the cheetah who towards over him - even while seated.

"But, Agent Savage isn't going to be staying very long. I mean, I haven't even met him yet." Clawhauser replied with a small frown.

Nick reluctantly shrugged. "I don't know, Ben. I guess I just don't like him.....there's something about him....that I...." He sighed. "Welp—I better get to role call." He stopped himself.

Clawhauser nodded.
"Officer Hopps came in early. She's waiting for you in bullpen."

"Thanks." Nick gave a small smile as he walked down the hall and to the ready room.

Judy being early wasn't new.
Everyone was early according to Nick, because he was always late.

When he entered bullpen, everything seemed perfectly normal:
The larger officers were trying to see who was stronger with an arm wrestling contest. As they did everyday.
And the officers below them kept their voices quiet in murmurs of gossip - and discipline.

Nick smiled warmly at the sight of Judy, already waiting for him in their shared seat.

The two mammals were small enough to fit on one seat together, and so they gladly took it.

Nick didn't even hesitate to walk over and climb up onto the seat, and sit beside the bunny.

"Officer Hopps." He greeted, nodding.

Judy's ears perked at the familiar voice and she turned her head to see her partner.

She smiled contently.
"Officer Wilde." She gave another nod back at him.

"How are you this morning?" Nick asked as he adjusted himself on the seat. "Fine and dandy, I hope."

"I'm fine....." Judy said, scooting over a bit so Nick could fit comfortably on the seat, but she always moved to far. "How are you?"

"Excited for later." He said, "I've got big plans."

"Oh, I bet."

"Why? Care to join me?" Nick raised an eyebrow, paired with a smirk.

"Oh no. I shouldn't. I have more important things to do...."

"Oh, really? Like what?"

"Things someone of your....intelligence level wouldn't be able to comprehend."

"Comprehend? What? Me? Oh please. You're probably just going to stay up and listen to—"

"It's classified."

Before Nick could replied, the slamming of fists and hollering cut him off as the chief of the Zootopia police department, Bogo, a elephant, entered the room.

"Alright, Alright. Enough from all of you." He began, "Shut up!" The Chiefs loud voice roared through the room as his demanded silenced those below him.

"As you all are already aware, yesterday's training session with Agent Savage was a moderate success."

The hollering sounded again before a simple glare from the chief stopped the mammal who dared to vocalize.

"For the time being, Agent Savage has requested more time to think through and plan other lessons and training initiatives before meeting with all of you at once again. Until then, here are your assignments for today," The broad Chief placed on his glasses, and began to read aloud from his file; "Fangmeyer, Swinton, Higgins. Under cover."