Chapter 1: The Accident

~*~Hey everyone! Here is chapter one of my new story. I hope ya'll like this as much as my other stories. I'm sorry if this chapter is going too fast or doesn't sound right. lol I stayed up til 3am to complete this for you all. So vote, comment and like!

Also, a big thanks to CassandraLowery for writing such a great story that gave me idea of writing this!

And as always, I own no rights to any characters or anything I use from the Twilight Saga books. All rights go to Stephanie Meyers

Love you all

Ashley~*~

                                                                 Chapter 1

My life has never been perfect and I was never exactly normal. I have always felt out of place in the world, like I never really fit in. I was just a typical teenager, who is extremely clumsy but in all I’m just plain. My mom says she can read whatever is wrong with me by just looking at my face, she calls me her open book. I’m also a horrible liar, I can never get away with anything that’s not the truth.

My parents and I lived in Forks, Washington until they split up. My mom and I moved to Jacksonville, Florida and my dad was deployed across seas. My dad was a sergeant in the military, he had been in the service since him and my mom met years ago. I would only see my dad maybe once a year, when he would return back to Forks for a few days. He would write me letters and once in awhile, he would call me. He had asked me once if I wanted to live with him while he was stationed in Germany, but I declined politely telling him that I wanted to stay in the States. It wasn’t a complete lie, if I didn’t fit in already here then how in the world would I fit in a foreign country? I also didn’t want to leave my mom alone. I would feel horrible if I knew she was lonely and had no one with her.

I loved living in Florida, it was sunny every day and it didn’t rain as much as it did in Forks. My mom and I always had fun, when I wasn’t in school, she would always think of some crazy idea for us to do. It was never a dull moment with her. But then we started having money issues, and she decided it was time for her to find a job. After a few short paid jobs, she had finally found one that paid out decent money. The only problem was she had to travel the first year. My mom told me she was going to respectfully decline the job, but I made her take it. I told her it would be good for her to travel and get away for awhile, she just didn’t want to leave me behind. My dad had told her to send me over to him for the year, but thankfully I talked her out of it. Instead she decided to send me to live with my aunt and uncle in Tennessee. I was thrilled to go there, to finally see my aunt and uncle again. But little did I know they weren’t too happy about seeing me.

My Aunt Kate and Uncle Justin weren’t really my aunt and uncle. They were my mom and dad’s long time friends, and pretty much acted as my parent’s siblings. Kate and my mom have been friends since they were in grade school, and my father and Justin met each other in the service. Uncle Justin was released from the army when he got injured during a training session a few years back. The last time I saw them was when I was 7 years old, one of the times my dad had came back for a visit. I had heard them talking to my dad about me, and heard them talk about the dislike for me they had. My father had been furious, but I guess I understand in a way. They think it’s my fault my parents split up, and that my parents were happy until I was born. After hearing them say that, I had called my mom crying. But she had reassured me that I was not the reason they got a divorce. I told my mom that I believed her, but deep down inside I really didn’t.