Five Lies

"Handcuffs? Kinky."

"They're to keep me safe and to keep you sitting in that chair. Not whatever sexual fantasy you have."

"I'm truly surprised you actually still want to see me."

"I have a job to do. Besides, you will never touch me again."

"I hardly did anything, darling. It was just a few kisses and a grope."

"It was still sexual harassment! You're lucky I didn't let them put you in solitary confinement."

"And why didn't you?"

". . ."

"You must have liked it then."

"Of course not! I am here as a professional mental health consultant. I will diagnose you, and then I will leave."

"Then I guess I'll have to stop answering your questions."

"Zayn."

"Harry."

"Why do you wish to irk me?"

"Because it is fun and really easy to do."

"I thought you wouldn't answer any more of my questions."

". . ."

"I finally shut your mouth. I was starting to worry you wouldn't ever run out of witty remarks. . ."

"If this were a true battle of wits, you would have been left in a crying heap. I only wish to keep you happy, Harry."

"Then answer me this: why did you punch two guards on your way here?"

"They were annoying and wouldn't shut their mouths , so I had to shut them up myself."

". . ."

"Quit sighing like a disappointed mother. I am a psychopath, it's what we do."

"No, it is not. To be labeled a psychopath means you have antisocial personality disorder. Being violent is a symptom of a few cases. You just happen to be one of them."

"And I suppose that is where my treatment comes in. What? Are you going to subject me to electrotherapy or a spike in my eye at a mental institution? I think I will stick with jail where the rest of my fucked-up fellows are."

"We have met a total of five times, and the only conclusion I have made is the same as everyone else's. Doesn't that mean anything to you, Zayn?"

"Depends on what the conclusion is?"

"A psychopath without a cause. No one can figure you out. You're just a man who won't provide the answers to anybody except himself."

"Interesting. Can I share my conclusion with you?"

"If you must."

"I think you're a little too young to be the one who has been rewarded the opportunity to diagnose me. It takes a minimum of twelve years to get your degree in psychiatry. You revealed to me that you are thirty-one. Why would anybody let a man with little to none experience fill such a delicate job?"

". . ."

"Did you fuck your way into the position? Suck too many cocks to remember? How many hand jobs did it take to get here?"

"What I did to get this job is certainly of no business or importance to you, Mr. Malik."

"I see I have struck a chord. So hard did I pluck that it has made you go back to formalities, Doctor Styles."

"I think we are done for today."