𝟎𝟗. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

Start from the beginning

"We lock the front door. He wouldn't be able to get in." Scott answered, making me crack up a little at his answer.

"Yeah, exactly." Melissa replied. "And! By the way, do any of you care there's a police-enforced curfew?" She snapped, looking around at all three of us.

"No." Scott replied, making me nod as I pointed towards him as to say 'exactly what he said', but without actually saying anything.

"No? Alright, then. You know what, that's enough parenting for me for one night." Melissa threw the baseball bat onto the bed and left. "Goodnight."

I took a seat in Scott's desk chair and rubbed my eyes tiredly, twirling my straight hair around in my hands. "What?" I asked Stiles as I rolled over to the bed and saw the look on his face.

"My dad left for the hospital fifteen minutes ago, it's the bus driver." Scott, who was standing next to me, looked down at me with a worried look which I returned before we both gazed back at Stiles. "They said he succumbed to his wounds."

I gasped while Scott had no idea what that even meant. "Succumbed?" My brother asked confused.

"Scott," I placed a hand on his shoulder as he sat down on a chair right next to me. "He's dead."

The look on Scott's face was something I'd probably never forget in my life. The look that told me he felt guilty, but also he felt...heartbroken. This man, who had apparently been trying to save, was now dead and he couldn't prevent that.

"Scott," I tried to grab his hand, but before I could do anything, he jumped off the stool and jumped out of the window. "Scott!" I yelled out of the window but he was gone in the matter of seconds.

Stiles grabbed my arms and made me sit down on the bed. "Calm down, Yasmine. I'll go look for him, you go to bed."

"No, Stiles. I-I can't!" I panicked. "I-I have to find him."

Stiles grabbed my arms before I could stand up and held me down. "Go. To. Bed. Now." He spoke slowly, but sternly. "I will find him and bring him home, okay?"

Leaving me no other choice, I nodded and let him walk me back to my bedroom. Just when I thought I could sneak out, I realized that the lock on my window was broken and my door was locked from the outside.

"Stiles, you clever fucker." I spat under my breath when I realized that the lock on my window had been broken ever since the first time Scott turned and ran off, and obviously he locked my door from the outside. He knew I wasn't going to listen to him, and therefore, he left me no other choice than to stay here.

^^^^

Sitting in class the next day, I sighed. Everything that had happened within the last forty-right hours had me stressed out. From Scott trying to protect an innocent man, to Allison's father bluntly threatening Derek at a gas station, to Stiles telling us about the death of an innocent man, Scott running off and at last, Scott telling me about how Jackson suspected him.

Stiles tapped Scott's shoulder from behind. "If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?"

Scott shrugged, confused himself. "I don't know."

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?" Stiles asked again, as if he thought Scott had all the answers now that we knew Derek didn't bite Scott and that there was something called an Alpha.

From what Scott had told me when he returned last night, Stiles also being there, there was something called a beta and an Alpha. A beta was just a regular werewolf, while an Alpha was the leader and the only one who could bite other people and turn them into werewolves. Derek was a beta just like Scott and it seemed he was also very determined to find out who this Alpha was.