2. Act Normal

KoKo POV

"Good morning Ms. Ra-... I'm sorry Koko" my driver Miles spoke as he waited with my door open as I approached the truck.

"I've told you about that, call me Koko. Good morning to you too Miles, and thank you" I smiled climbing in with his assistance and scooting over making room for my assistant Emily.

"Where to?" Miles asked getting himself situated in the front seat.

"Um the Bernard B. Jacobs theatre on Broadway" I responded looking down at my phone checking emails.

"Alrighty then" he nodded pulling away from the curb.

"Em what's my schedule looking like today?" I asked looking up for a brief moment.

"Well let's see, after this meeting with Jennifer for the Color Purple, you're free until 4 and at 4:30 you have a meeting with Taraji about the earnings for Empire's next season." She went over my schedule as I made note of things I needed to accomplish while here in New York.

I was here for a couple days on business then it was off to Europe with August for this tour with Chris.

We arrived at the theatre and made our way backstage where my client, Jennifer Hudson, was sitting along side her cast mate Cynthia Erivo.

"Hey Autumn, how you doing mama?" She got up coming around the table to hug me.

"I'm doing well, and you?" I asked as she went back to sit "I'm great, excited about everything that's happening" She responded and I nodded.

"Great, well let's get this meeting started" I smiled turning to retrieve papers from Em who was standing behind me.

We discussed promotional deals, earnings from the play she would be doing, contracts, and other things of that nature. The meeting went on for about an hour, then we just started having girl chat.

"Now hunty, where is that fine man of yours?" Jen asked and I smirked "Chile, I don't somewhere being him. He's preparing for a european tour in a couple of days so probably at a rehearsal" I answered unlocking my phone to see if I had any txt or calls from him.

"Y'all are such a beautiful couple, it shows that not all men want that "ig it girl"  you know. How are you guys doing" Cynthia complimented and I smiled "Thanks, and we're in a really good space right now, focusing on our careers, and we're not rushing plans for the wedding. We're comfortable where we are, and we just plan on riding this thang and wherever it takes us that's where we'll be." I explained to them while scrolling through instagram.

"That's good babe, y'all are still really young, enjoy life with each other, no need to rush. I'm proud of you girl, you're doing amazing for yourself." I nodded receiving Jen's advice and thanking her.

"Speaking of Aug he just posted on ig" I flipped my phone around to show them his post.