Her Lips Were The Answer

YOUR POV

As we pulled into the hotel, there luckily wasn't many fans on the outside anymore. Maybe the building's security made sure none would bother them while they stayed settled in one place. I couldn't stop this nagging feeling that bothered me since the car ride. Don't get me wrong, I love music, but as I stared at Lauren for the first time in months, all I have wanted to do is simply be near her. I lost sight of that.

It's as if when I stare at her, I know that I have never seen anyone or anything more beautiful. She is my weakness. Not a normal Achillies Heel however, more like a complex one that both strengthens me but can easily shatter me as well. I have noticed that I have moments of restlessness that are filled with images of her. She fuels something inside of me that craves to be awakened. And when it does, I will feel free and weightless.

The girls wanted to spend some time with me but I kindly declined knowing I wouldn't be much good of a company. At least not when I am too deep in unknown waters. Lauren dismissed herself as well and walked cautiously behind me. Since we wouldn't be sleeping until much later, inside of her room we turned on the many lamps and lights that were placed for convenience. I let my eyes linger on the wall facing the opposite side of the room, being too scared to look into her emerald eyes.

I didn't want to look not because she was intimating, but because of what they would show. I knew she was studying me ever since we stepped foot outside of the car and onto the pavement, and I didn't want her to tell me what she was seeing. Could she see how much pain I felt? A pain I had practically no clue as to why I felt the ghostly presence of it pressed against the center of my chest. There was a lump in the back of my throat I fought hard to not make seem obvious.

"Y/N."

My name slipped out into the still air and brought me back to the realization that there would be no option to avoid the conversation with her. Never before had I ever wanted that name to belong to someone else, as I did in this moment. A rush of cold air ran through me as I felt her hand travel from my shoulder to caress the area where my heart was beating at a surprisingly slower pace. It's been like that ever since I woke up, but as the days progressed the very faint thumping became a little bit stronger, only on good occasions.

I heard her inhale deeply as her fingertips traced the leather fabric of my jacket.She slowly tugged on the collar silently asking me if she was allowed to peel it off of my body. I relaxed my shoulders, not daring to move as she removed the article of clothing, briefly placing it on the bed right next to us not breaking her close distance to me. Her hand started from the tip of my shoulder once more to where it was before-on my heart. She traced her fingers, that felt like a strong heat, against the fabric that was the only barrier dividing my bare skin from her own.

As she stood behind me I felt her cheek moving lovingly on my left shoulder blade emitting a warmth to run throughout the length of my body. There was a wetness that seeped through the back of my shirt which I understood was the result by none other than Lauren's tears. Her soft sniffling filled the room and echoed in my ears. Then she walked towards the clear glass windows that overlooked the city below us.

The building lights created a perfect glow to cast on her face,making her sharp features look only more defined. Now it was her who had her back turned to me in a moment of shared weakness. My feet carried me to where she stood. Our previous roles were reversed as I snaked my hands and arms on her waist to meet in the middle of her abdomen, tracing my fingers in a soothing pattern on her upper ab region, returning the favor. She was only a few inches away from the thick glass, but it was so clear that it gave the illusion of us hovering over the city with nothing restricting us from reaching out and drifting away with the evening air.