Chapter 3 - My Cookie And Dough Ice Cream

Start from the beginning

"Fine. You can lead and I'll follow." I suggested, making a deal. She nodded.

"So, what'd you do, as a job?" Ashford questioned me after a while.

"None of your business."

"Oh come on! You're angry with me? Just because I didn't apologise to Cass?" He spoke, clearly frustrated.

No reply. I glanced at Cass in front to find her sniffling. I decided that she might need some time alone. Who'd even feel like talking after getting lost in the middle of the night anyways?

Honestly, I didn't know why I was so angry with him but if he gives that as a reason, then I'll take it.

"Ok, fine I'll apologise to her. Now, smile." He ordered.

Yeah right, as if I'll obey him.

"What I do with my face isn't any of your business." I said back and I was proud of myself for coming up with that. Giving comebacks to someone you hate gives you a sense of thrill. Trust me, you should try that.

"Spunky." He muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Jessica?" He asked poking my cheek. At first, I did a wonderful job of ignoring him, but as time progressed, I couldn't bear it anymore. I'm pretty sure no one can.

"What?" I asked, clearly not happy with his actions towards my face.

"Can I call you Jess?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Jessica is too long."

I thought about it and decided to make a fair deal.

"Fine. But then you'll have to let me call you something else too." I said, making a deal.

"Deal." He agreed.

"I'll call you Asher." I said. He was silent for a few seconds, probably thinking about it.

Then spoke up,"That's great."

"People! I've reached my destination!" Cass shouted from a little front.

"Which is also my destination. So, bye Asher," I said as I waved.

"Bye. Nice meeting you, A-class bitch," he said as he chuckled and began walking away, probably towards his house which wasn't too far. He had told me his address earlier.

I shook my head at his comment, and for an unknown reason, I smiled.

Who the heck smiles at being called a bitch? That to an A-class one?

"Wait! Should I assume you two are together?" I yelled, hoping that Asher heard it.

"You'll see." He said, sounding pretty mysterious. And then he left without a second glance. So much suspense. I hate suspense. Makes me curious.

"Jess! Don't you have work tomorrow?" Cass shouted from somewhere.

"Yeah! Coming!" I yelled back.

"Is he?" I asked Cass once we reached her bedroom and I was comfortably seated on her bed with my legs crossed.

"Is he what?" She asked.

"Interested in you?"

"Honestly, I've got no idea. But I seriously doubt he's my type. I mean he left his date behind and didn't even apologise," she said, shaking her head, as if amused.

"I'm sorry for that. Again," I apologised, getting up from her purple, white-flowered bed. I still felt guilty about leaving her behind. That was such an un-best friend thing to do.