Chapter Nine: Determination

Start from the beginning

You marched out of your room, walking down the hallway. Ignoring the wobbly feeling in your legs and the throbbing in your head, you walked into the kitchen. There was no sign of Bard, which made sense since it was decently early. 

"Guess I'm the first person awake." you shrugged, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl. You hopped up on the neat counter, giving your legs a rest, and ate your apple contentedly.

Once you finished, you tossed the core away and got to work. The food didn't help with the headache. In fact, the pain got worse.

But that's partially your own fault.

Through your stubbornness, you overworked yourself. You worked non-stop, by yourself for the whole morning. You actually ended up dusting, sweeping, and mopping the whole main hall in about an hour.

You would've been proud of yourself if it weren't for the pain. The head ache was so bad you didn't even have to move to feel it. Your vision had started going spotty, and you held onto your broom as support to attempt to stop your shaking legs.

"Oh, hi there (Name)!" a voice called. You looked up, and through your bleary eyesight, you could make out a very blurry Finnian across the hall from you. "The main hall looks great! Did you do this yourself?" he asked, walking towards you.

You attempted to move towards him, but as soon as you lifted your foot, you fell forward, collapsing onto the ground.

"(Name)! Are you okay!? Hold- hold on.... Se- Sebastian! Someone help pl-"

There was frantic footsteps, but you were in too much pain to look up.

Then everything went dark and silent.

~<>~<>~

You woke up in a soft bed. You hadn't opened up your eyes yet, they felt strangely heavy. You could feel a sort of wet towel on your forehead, and you were wrapped in warm, freshly washed blankets from what you could smell. 

Slowly, you opened your eyes. You were in your room, which relieved you. As you looked around, you noticed a familiar ravenette at the doorway.

"S-Sebastian?" you called out, your voice hoarse.

He jumped at the sound of your voice, seemingly shaken from his thoughts. "(Name)! You're awake." he exclaimed, quickly walking over to your side.

"Yeah, I am... Um, what happened?" you asked, attempting to sit up, but a sudden feeling of weakness washed over you.

"No no, stay lying down. You've overexerted yourself." he quickly said, easing you back down. "Well, Finny said he found you in the Main Hall. When he started talking to you, you just fainted. He quickly ran to me for help, and sure enough, you were there on the floor. I brought you back to your room, and when I checked you had a very high fever. So I tucked you in, brought the towel, and waited until you woke up." he explained.

"How long was I out?" you mumbled, looking up at him.

"Well, when Finny got me, it was nearly eight o'clock. It is now six in the evening." he replied, looking down at you with a concerned expression.

"I was asleep for ten hours?" you yelped, hurting your throat.

"Calm down. And yes, you were. Throughout my duties today, I frequently checked up on you. I was starting to get worried that we might have to call a doctor. I already let Ciel know, however, and you're not working for the next few days." he sighed.

"What, no, but I have to work-" you quickly responded, but he cut you off right away.

"I know you feel like you owe Ciel, but trust me, your health is far more important than your work. Now, what were you doing this morning that lead to this happening?" he asked.

"Well, I felt a little unwell, but I still decided to work this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was, trust me, just a little headache. But, me being my stubborn self, I went and cleaned the entire main hall in less then an hour...." you muttered.

Sebastian simply rolled his eyes and looked down at you with a raised eyebrow. "What am I going to do with you, kitten?" he whispered, brushing some hair out of your face.

"... Take care of me?" you whispered back, hopefully.

"Of course, kitten." he smirked.

~<>~<>~

New chapter completed! Whoop! Thank you for all the suggestions guys!

Also, I did make a Hamilton fanfiction! If you check my account, it's called 'Hamilton Oneshots and Imagines' So for all my fellow Hamiltrash, go check that out!