English is the worst lesson...or not?

The next morning I rushed out the door towards my dads car, throwing my bag in the back seat and him driving me quickly to school.
"Hurry dad, I'm gonna be late!"
"Well if you'd have set your alarm, we wouldn't be in this rush would we!"
I huffed and leaned back into my seat, crossing my arms and staring out at the passing people of Sydney. We arrived in record time. I waved goodbye to my dad and swiftly ran to tutor, hoping he'd lay off me.
I wasn't in the best mood.
Fortunately, he just dismissed it and let me get to my seat in peace. I pulled out my iPod and switched on Elastic Heart by Sia and buried my face in the crook of my elbow wishing for my departure from this hell hole to come quicker.
___________
English
__________
'Okay, third lesson. I can do this' I thought to myself, reaching for my text book and turning it to the correct page. I heard the door to the classroom open and peered up to see Chris and his group of morons enter the facility.
'For fuck sake. Can this honestly get any worse?' I sighed and looked at the jumble of words on the page, not taking any notice of the pounding footsteps heading over towards me.
"Can what get any worse, Clifford?"
"I..erm...n-nothing." I mumbled, slouching as far back in my seat as it would allow me to. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me close to his face.
"That's what I thought. Now, be quiet before I repeat last times...meeting." He chuckled and threw me back in my seat, making me yelp out in shock and fear.
"Alright Evans, principles office. Now!" Mr. Reed screamed at him.
He rolled his eyes and shook his head laughing. He walked out of the classroom without another word. As soon as he did, guess who appeared?
Go on, guess.
If you guessed Luke Hemmings, give yourself a pat on the back.
He took one look at my trembling form and came over, taking the empty seat next to me.
"What the fuck did he do this time?" He growled, his eyes dark with anger.
Why would he care?
"He erm, didn't do anything serious. I swear he just-"
"Michael." I flinched at his tone of voice and he immediately softened, "Sorry sweets. It's just...I fucking hate the prick. He gets on every single nerve in my body."
I smiled and nodded, "He heard me mumble something and well, he may or may not have threatened me..." I went quiet towards the end, not wanting to deal with his reaction.
His fists clenched as he let out a shaky breath. I carefully placed my tiny hand over his overly large knuckles and softly rubbed my thumb over his hand. He smiled and his hand settled again.
"Can, can I ask you something?" I whispered.
"Yeah sure."
"Why...why do you all of a sudden care about my well being? You never really spoke to me before and it's just, why did you help me when he... you know."
"I guess it's because you looked and seemed pretty vulnerable and seen as you're only a wallflow-"
"Don't." I spoke, angrily. Fuck do I hate being called that.
"Sorry. Look, I think you're cute." He slapped a hand over his mouth and blushed crimson.
I giggled and looked at my feet, "Thanks."
He chuckled but suddenly he stopped, "You never called me."
I looked up at him with guilt written all over my face.
"Shit I'm sorry." I laughed awkwardly.
"Nah, it's fine."
"I'll try to tonight if you like." He nodded like a little child as I blushed.
__________
Later that night
__________
I held my phone in my hand and pulled out the crumbled piece of paper which contained Luke's number. I shook with nerves and excitement. I shakily typed in the number and pressed the green call button, panicking.
I took a deep breath and after a few rings he answered.
"Hello?"
"Hi it's Michael."
"Oh, hey sweets! How's it goin'?"
I smiled and laid back on my bed, "I'm alright, how're you?"
"I'm fine. So, what're up to?"
"Nothing. Like, quite literally haha. What are you up to?"
"Fuck all. So glad you rang. Was kinda worried you'd bailed." I could feel like grin from the other side of the phone.
I laughed, "Nah, not this time. I did say I would and you seemed quite enthusiastic."
"Duh obviously. It's you."
My face lit up, "Aw, that was adorable."
We had almost a 3 hour conversation and within that time I learnt he has 2 brothers, a pet dog, he's bisexual and loves bands. He also loves Deadpool which, in my eyes, is not surprising at all. At one point he called me 'baby boy' and inside I was screaming but I had to act cool and innocent on the outside.
"You're real sweet Luke. You know that, right?"
"I do try. I tend not to show it." He mumbled.
"How come?" I asked, not wanting to seem pushy.
"I just, I don't really know. Reputation I guess." He sighed.
I nodded in understanding, then realizing he can't see me, "Yeah, makes sense."
"Baby boy, I gotta head off. My dads back from his shift and I was supposed to be sleeping ages ago," he let out a small chuckle, "if he finds out I'm awake, I'm a dead man."
I laughed at his remark and said our farewells. I ended the call and squealed like a small child.
Luke's PoV
Shit. Shit. Shit.
He's the one.
I've never felt this way about anyone before and its actually scaring me. I really wanted to stay on the phone. I'll just have to wait till tomorrow.
-------------------
WhoaHHHHHH
Didn't see that thoooo.
Hoped you liked this chapter.
I will update every other day or so.
Remember, stay fresh.
My social media ⬇️:
Snapchat: lozza_1o1
Tumblr: teentrashkid
Instagram: marveltrash__