Chapter 20: What Transpired?

En başından başla

He had let Lily down... again.

"Severus? Please, do not judge him now that you habe learned these. I had high hopes that one day, you'll get it out of him. I'm sorry that you had to learn it from me, but believe me, Severus, even if Mister Potter appear strong, inside, he is a fragile, young boy. Piece him back again, Severus."

Snape left without even touching his cup.
----

As Snape stepped through the Floo, he looked around. Potter was not in the living room. He was not in his room or in the library.

Where was he?

"Here! Mister Jar, take these, please." Came Potter's voice. Snape let out breath. The boy was still outside. It was almost time for lunch. Snape had forgotten that the boy was there before he hurried to Hogwarts.

"Uh huh. These will make Snape Sir glad. Uh huh!" Jar's voice was filled with excitement.

"Hmm. Seems like the Professor's still away. Can you help me wrap them and keep them from wilting?" Potter's voice came again and Snape wondered.

What are they up to?!

"Oh, yes. Jars be so, so happy if young 'Prentice sir would make Snape Sir happy! Yes, Jar would help. Uh huh! Help his very best!"

"Thank you, Mister Jar."

Snape had his curiosity piqued at this moment and had forgotten about the boy's life tale. He looked out from his window in his office and was surprised to see Jar slide his fingers over the plants. They were cut in the right parts, Snape mused. The thyme branch, pink rose petals, weeds of different types and even belladona leaves. The boy had done a superb job.

"Cam I have a basket or something, Mister Jar? I want to put them in something presentable, at least."

Jar giggled, "No, no, no, young Potter Sir! Snape Sirs would like it more if put in these!" A slide of fingers and appeared small jars, each labeled according to the type. There were even glass boxes for the more reactive ones.

"Wow!" The boy's eyes shined and Snape's heart constricted itself again.

"Uh huh, wowie wow! Now..." The rest was muffled as the two settled down to work. Seeing the boy smiling... Snape never saw him smile like that. Perhaps it was because he finally saw him in a new light and saw him for what he should be seen. The boy still had the abuse and the loneliness left in his mind, and perhaps sometimes he still relived them at some point.

At that point, Snape heard a knock on his office door.

"Enter."

--

Bran cradled the small parcel wrapped in clean green silk he himself took out of his personal savings. He planned to have it for himself, but seeing that Snape needed a pretty neat cheer up, he decided that there was no good in keeping things for himself. With Jar's help, (a snap of the elf's fingers) the vials were stored in a medium sized box. He promised to himself that he'll learn more potions and how to gather them, maybe even get the Longbottom boy teach him about plants. Besides, Bran did not care one bit about bloods and petty House rivalries.

He shook the snow off himself and got a pajama, seeing that it was cold, to warm him up. He took a short bath under the warm waters and settled for the pajama, a shirt and a black knitted sweater. He then slipped on his All-Warm slippers and combed his hair. Lately, he noticed that his hair was turning quite reddish. Sebastian followed him downstairs.

After this, he took the parcel and knocked on Snape's door, which he slammed in his face a few hours before.

"Enter." Said Snape.