Chapter 6

-- To everyone who read this a year or more ago, I'm sorry it took me forever to write more. To those who will continue to read, I will absolutely try not to disappear for two years again. --

It's not like I disliked Science - I was just never the best at it. It always required more attention, and re-reading things to really understand them. Maybe this year I'll try harder for my grades... maybe. 

Science was on the third floor. I headed towards the stairs at the end of the corridor, walking down the down side. I know it's the down side because painted at the edge of each stair was a little arrow pointing downwards, whereas on the other side it pointed up. I liked that this school had some order to it. My other school people ran rampant in the stairs, it was chaotic. I followed the numbers on the door to room 304. I turned the corner, looking down at my schedule to see what I had last period and bumped into someone. Again? I'm doing a great job blending in today. 

"I'm sorry" I apologised, looking up at the cutest little boy ever. I say little boy, although he's probably my age or older, but he only looked a few inches taller than me and probably weighed less. I smiled at him, trying to be friendly. He had dark, curly hair, thick rimmed glasses, and blue eyes.

"It's alright, honey" He said, in a fabulous tone, smiling back at me. "I'm all into this poster I just saw about planting trees around the school, that's so awesome, isn't it?" He looked at me, excited and full of passion. I was 99% sure he was gay, but I don't know many gays who like gardening. 

"That is wonderful! Our planet definitely needs saving" I remarked, not sure where to lead the conversation, as I had to get to Science soon.

"I must go to class, my name is Bradley, it was nice to meet you!" He exclaimed, starting to walk away but clearly waiting for a response from me.

"You too! Oh, I'm Amy! I'm new here." I extended my hand to shake his.

"Ahh, well I hope you like it here. It's not so bad." He shook my hand, and went to go on his way. "I'll see you around!" He yelled over his shoulder.

"See you!" I shouted back, looking up to see 304 was two doors away. Walking into my Science room, I noticed a few familiar faces, but no one I could put a name to. Perhaps people in another one of my classes, or someone I saw in the hallways. I looked at the teacher, already sat in the desk. She had tight curls of light brown hair and her skin was slightly freckled all over. I sat near the window again. I had to admit, I liked being able to look at everything going on, but not always in the back, so sitting to the side was definitely my favourite. 

A few minutes passed and everyone had taken their seats. The teacher spoke up, "Alright class, attendance! Angela Aaron? Landon Bayer? Rebecca Biles?" she started listing off names. When she got to the end she looked directly at me and smiled, "And you're Amy Beazley, am I correct?" 

"You are," I said, smiling back. Everyone started looking at me, this was becoming a regular thing. I'm getting used to this being the new girl pretty quickly. 

"I'm Mrs. Vallahan, I do hope you enjoy your time here, we're pleased to have you!" She beamed at me again, gosh the teachers are so friendly here.

"Thanks!" I responded, again with a smile. I turned my head to my books now. I didn't want to face the looks of people any longer. Looking over the table of contents, I could see this science would be the same as my last school's - a mix of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Weather. That's good at least, I was looking forward to finding a branch of Science I could actually excel in.

She was discussing how we were going to go outside this class and observe the pond closeby. We are to look for bugs or living creatures and record things about them. We have to look at the plants, and write what we see, what the look like, and be very descriptive. She was a little vague in her reasoning, but I guess she has a plan. We were given five minutes to gather our jackets and whatever we'd need and meet her at the side door. 

I rushed to my locker with my binder and pencil in hand, grabbed my sandy-colored woven parka, black hat and mitts, and headed find the side door, putting on my things on the way.