Chapter 5

I took a seat in a fairly empty row. Afterall, I didn't want to sit next to someone that I don't know, and get shut down. I got out my music books while the rest of the class filled up. 

"Oh hey there," a familiar voice said. I looked up to see Gabe had moved next to me. He looked down, smiling. Sigh, he seemed nice at least. I'm sure we could be friends. I smiled back at him.

"Of allll people... I'd be stuck with you in my class?" I nudged his arm to show I was joking. He put on a frown.

"Hey, I'm not so bad if you give me a chance!" He grinned at me. 

"Whatever you say!" I smiled back and I turned around to face the front. Afterall, the teacher was getting ready to start the class. That's when I noticed the teacher. She had long, red hair with loose curls. She was a beautiful porcelain ivory, with bright green eyes. She was tall, very slim, and absolutely gorgeous. I stared at her with my jaw dropped. 

"Something wrong?" Gabe leaned forward, putting his face in front of mine. 

"Our teacher is fucking hot." I snapped out of it. "I mean... for a teacher. You know?" I scrambled for words. Smooth, Amy, smooth. Gabe started laughing a lot.

"Why the hell do you think I'm even in this class?!" He looked up front as she began to talk. 

"Okay class. It's attendance time, and then right into our scales!" She spoke so softly, but loud at the same time. Her voice was just like an instrument being played perfectly. 

She went down through the list saying everyone's names. I learned Gabe's last name was Arkinson, that there were a few people in this class from my others, and that there were a lot of girls in this class, a lot of attractive girls. 

I raised my hand to let her know she had missed me, told her my name, she marked it down and welcomed me to the school.

"Amy hey?" Gabe poked at me. "I didn't think I'd ever learn your name!" He chuckled.

"Shit. I forgot I wasn't telling you my name. I guess I got distracted by Ms. Quirke. I mean look at her." I oogled her once more. This class was going to be distracting, for sure.

"Yeah tell me about it. She used to be a model." Gabe pointed out, also oogling her.

"Chaa. I totally believe it. She is model material." I shook my head of all thoughts and got ready for our scales. She started with a C major scale, and the rest of the class followed in slowly, going from Cmaj to Dmaj then Emaj, Fmaj and Gmaj. Not everyone could hit all the notes from G maj but Ms. Quirke sure could. She was really talented! I admired her already.

The class flew by. We starting separating everyone into our singing groups: Soprano, Alto, and Barritone, since there weren't many guys. We had the Barritone's selected by the end of class. The bell rang, and I scrambled my things together getting my schedule out to see what I had next! 

Great. Science. This was not going to be fun.